Things what happen in quiz shows.

Back in the late 80s there was a Quiz show called Masterteam presented by Angela Rippon

I can remember 2 things about it:

1. They had a quiz category called "pot Pourri" which ever contestant pronounced "pot" instead of "po" and Rippon always corrected them
2. Every fucker on that show was a Civil Servant (any excuse for some time off)
There was a round where they had to construct a dead long word containing 3 letters in order.

ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM

When asked what subject they hope will not come up they always answer sport or politics.

When asked what they will do with the winning money they answer buy a new fridge.

Older people are always out in round one.

Nee one knows what cities the Tyne flows through.

The person who usually makes it to the final, works in an office and they have a look of Nigel Winterburn about them.

what do you notice?
What cities does the Tyne flow though?

Pisses me off that the old people introduce themselves as a 'retired teacher/civil servant/burglar' instead of just 'retired'. You are retired from work, what you used to do for a livivng is, at this moment in time, irrelevant. Anyway what if you didn't have a career or you had a number of different jobs ? Can you go on as a 'retired benefit claimant' ?

The experts (Eggheads, Chasers) always have to explain why their answer is correct instead of just answering. I’m never sure if this is them showing off or if they’re told to do it to eat up time.

I always think they have someone on wikipedia telling them the answers into their earpiece. Nee ones that anal about trivia surely ?!!

Not the contestants but the presenters with their endless repetitive patter. Every single show.

Eggheads: Will the chosen contestants now take their place in our legendary soundproof booths....Fuck off Vine, they're not legendary at all!!!
Eggheads: The Eggheads have done what they do best. Will anybody ever beat them?? Yes Vine you arse, they were beaten last week!!!!

Pointless: Canny show but Armstrong's banter with Osman gets a little tedious and smacks of students' marijuana conversations at times.
Pointless: This doesn't annoy me but has anybody noticed how many odd couples appear as contestants? Lots of very tall men with very petite partners? Lots of LGBT contestants, certainly a disproportionate level compared to the general population? I don't know if they do this to make the show interesting to people who like to gawp at people who are different to themselves or if it's the BBC desperately striving to be visibly "inclusive".

Back