Things to do/places to eat- Dubai

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Have a drink on the emirates flight, get arrested. Enjoy.
Did you read beyond the Daily Mail headline?

Woman with three passports tries to enter Dubai on an expired Iranian passport and when refused entry gets abusive and filming passport control. I am not condoning her arrest but I reckon in many places around the world you would end up in bother.

That being said I never get pissed in Dubai as I know if there was to be an altercation, as a foreigner, I would be in clink no questions asked.

Woman with three passports tries to enter Dubai on an expired Iranian passport and when refused entry gets abusive and filming passport control. I am not condoning her arrest but I reckon in many places around the world you would end up in bother.

That being said I never get pissed in Dubai as I know if there was to be an altercation, as a foreigner, I would be in clink no questions asked.
Is that what happened with that doctor the other week? Bloody hell.

I’ve been pissed loads of times in Dubai. Unless you’re making a proper tit of yourself and causing bother there’s nowt to worry about.

On the way back to Blighty in two weeks, the Evil Krankies are stopping in Dubai for three days. We’ve been once before but didn’t really do much other than go up the Burj Kalifa.
Anyone resident there or who knows the place could recommend things to do or somewhere good to eat?
Oh aye, we’re stopping at the Atlantis.
Look at me etc etc.
You could always try taking her up the Oxo tower this time instead of the Burj ;);)
As said above beer expensive at £9 ish a pint so watch out for BOGOF happy hours. Metro is a great way to get round city for about 4.50 a day with red No 1 card for visitors from ticket office at any station. Costs about £6 rtn to metro from Atlantis unless that is free with staying there? Modern buildings are fantastic especially at night but also worth going to the Creek to take a trip on an Abra for 20p. Nice old museum down there anarl showing history of spot next to the Souk Deira side. Below might help, enjoy marra. Finishing a happy hour pint off in Ab Dab now :cool:

Time Out Dubai

Back