Things to do/places to eat- Dubai

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Atlantis water park, think you get free entry with staying there. I done the brunch at Gordon Ramsay restaurant there as well.
Desert safari and quad biking is decent, but our lass (No) spewed on the off road part in the desert.
The scene-Simon Rimmer restaurant at the marina, think there is 7 restaurants/bars across 7 floors.

Ronda Locatelli’s is a very nice restaurant in Atlantis, I would also recommend the Meat Co at the souk Madinat and for a fantastic Indian try Indigo at the Grosvenor, hope you have plenty of dirhams!!

I go reasonably often, alas with work and on my own, and I don't do much beyond McGettingins, Fibber Magges and Ravi! Our lass came out one time and we did Gold/Spice Souk, Boat across the creek, Desert Safari and a few bars/restaurants around JBR. Personally I would rather be elsewhere but I do see the attraction.

Whenever Dubai or Cruises come up as a thread , it amazes me how much shite is posted by people who clearly have never experienced either.
Dubai may not have the culture or history of some of the places you can visit but if you can’t entertain yourself there you can’t entertain yourself anywhere.
One caveat however , at this time of year it is ridiculously hot and it’s bloody expensive.

Aye we did this last month, was superb. Not as expensive as you would imagine either
It was in my hotel, 55aed for a bottle of lager. I didn’t get pissed much I can tell you.
Sorry misread your post , thought you meant Dubai as a holiday wasn’t that expensive.

Last edited:
It was in my hotel, 55aed for a bottle of lager. I didn’t get pissed much I can tell you.
Sorry misread your post , thought you meant Dubai as a holiday wasn’t that expensive.

Haha oh aye the holiday itself was expensive, the beer was a joke! Brunches are the way forward over there though

Whenever Dubai or Cruises come up as a thread , it amazes me how much shite is posted by people who clearly have never experienced either.
Dubai may not have the culture or history of some of the places you can visit but if you can’t entertain yourself there you can’t entertain yourself anywhere.
One caveat however , at this time of year it is ridiculously hot and it’s bloody expensive.

Ditto London threads.

Afternoon tea at the Skyview Bar in the Burj Al Arab is canny
I paid 9 notes a bottle of beer back in 2004 in the Burj. Broke my heart, but the views made up for it.

On the way back to Blighty in two weeks, the Evil Krankies are stopping in Dubai for three days. We’ve been once before but didn’t really do much other than go up the Burj Kalifa.
Anyone resident there or who knows the place could recommend things to do or somewhere good to eat?
Oh aye, we’re stopping at the Atlantis.
Look at me etc etc.
Hyatt regency revolving restaurant. They do brunch/ lunch or dinner. Its a buffet with a difference mate.fantastic time we had ableit many years ago.(2004).
A quick google and its still going.
All premium drinks included also.

Last edited:
What's the large outdoor bar called not far from the one and only royal mirage? Always packed

Back