Things to do In Yorkshire....

Got a hotel booked in the Dales next week with the plan being to do a bit of walking.
However, the missus is a bit of fair weather walker and is unlikely to be tempted out if it’s pissing down all the time which is looking increasingly likely.

Any suggestions for places worth a visit if she can’t be coaxed into watersports ;)

Got a hotel booked in the Dales next week with the plan being to do a bit of walking.
However, the missus is a bit of fair weather walker and is unlikely to be tempted out if it’s pissing down all the time which is looking increasingly likely.

Any suggestions for places worth a visit if she can’t be coaxed into watersports ;)
Watersports you say :D

where you staying?

Grassington has some nice cafes and stuff. Skipton, Ilkly, Harrogate and Knaresborough are all worth a visit
Cheers mate, we’re staying in Grassington. I know Knaresborough fairly well but Harrogate less so. Anywhere worth visiting to avoid her drinking tea in Betty’s all day.
where you staying?
Grassington but will have the motor and don’t mind driving if the weather is bad.

Go to Settle for a look around.

Head over to Malham Cove for a small but very rewarding view of the cove. There’s a couple of good pubs in the village too.

Nearby there’s Janet’s Foss and Goredale Scar nearby too.

Head up to Horton in Ribblesdale for a day.

There’s a couple of cave tours in the area which are canny too.

I get what you mean mate but are there any particular places there worth visiting, museums, stately homes, other tourist attractions?
Otherwise I’ll get equally pissed wet through following her around bloody shops :lol:
Around here there's The Forbidden Corner ( mostly outside), Wensleydale Creamery at Hawes for free cheese, Carlisle Settle Railway, Black Sheep Brewery at Masham plus Masham itself worth a wander.

Totally agree with Forbidden Corner, Middleham and the road over the top to Skipton. Nothing much there but it is a road that frightened the bejeebers out of me the first time I went over it. Fantastic views though. Plenty little villages in the area. Just don't mention my name!

Back