Things that you've learned recently

That you can see France from Lowestoft
Really? From how high? I thought at ground level the horizon was only a couple of miles away. eg you can see Calais from the cliffs at Dover, but not from the beach.

Lowestoft to Dunkirk is around 100 miles away, You'd have to be around 2,000 metres up to see that distance, and as far as I remember, Lowestoft is fairly flat with no git big massive observation towers.

Or is it a trick question and there's a place called France nearby?

But....but....the Hollywood Egyptians were white! Cleopatra was white and spoke perfectly good English. So did Marc Antony, coincidentally, perhaps with an ever-so-slight Welsh twang....
She was Greek so wouldnt have been black

Learnt recently, on here, that Edinburgh is further west than Liverpool. I'm amazed, and I'm being serious, that I did'nt know this.
And Sunderland is further north than the southern most part of Scotland.

Last edited:
Really? From how high? I thought at ground level the horizon was only a couple of miles away. eg you can see Calais from the cliffs at Dover, but not from the beach.

Lowestoft to Dunkirk is around 100 miles away, You'd have to be around 2,000 metres up to see that distance, and as far as I remember, Lowestoft is fairly flat with no git big massive observation towers.

2.9 miles (assuming a height of 5'7")
Horizon - Wikipedia

Shirley the Earth revolves on its own axis, it merely orbits around the Sun.

Yer not wrang!

Actually to be fair to Dr. Watson he did say 'travels round the sun'

And Sunderland is further north than the southern most part of Scotland.[/QUOTE said:
Mull of Galloway! bloody hell! I did'nt know that either!

Last edited:
Didn't knowit till I watched Vikings and read up but the Vikings sailed up the seine and sacked Paris
Bloody hell another manager gone. !

Most male ducks don't have cocks, but one species of Argentinian lake duck has one about the length of its body.
Hey , great name for a Sky 1 program. “Ducks Don’t Have Cocks and their Quacks Don’t Echo “

Last edited:

Just some lad on the Lowestoft thread said you could so I was just joking sorry!

Back