Things that you've learned recently

That my bairn is going to be a stand up comedian..............I read aloud "the 1 billion step challenge" that flashed up on the screen before the news - he said "You're going to need that" :lol:.

Hitler had his own physician, who most German physicians believed was a quack.
He was on a cocktail of drugs, which shouldn’t have been taken together and was particularly addicted to opioids.
There’s footage of him in the final months of the war visibly shaking and unwell.

The Pink Floyd album ‘Piper at the gates of dawn’ isn’t named after some mystical far out hippy shit, but is, in fact, a chapter from Wind in the willows, where the woodland chums bump into Pan.

Incidentally, Kenneth Grahame wrote the book for his son, Alastair, who later ended his life by putting his head on a railway line, aged 19.

Mike Pratt, who played Jeff Randall in the original Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), was an accomplished jazz guitarist and songwriter. He won 2 Ivor Novello awards in the late 50s, one with Tommy Steele for " A Handful of Songs" and one with Lionel Bart for "Little White Bull".

The Maori weren't the original inhabitants of New Zealand.

Not that I'd argue with them about it.

Any more interesting revelations?

Last year I learned about the secret "button" on pedestrian crossings. It being the cone shaped plastic or metal object with raised ridges. The cone spins when it's green for pedestrians to go. It's placed there so visually impaired people know when it's safe to cross as not all crossings make an audible sound, particularly in busy areas where sounds can be confused.

Soz if seb.

Last year I learned about the secret "button" on pedestrian crossings. It being the cone shaped plastic or metal object with raised ridges. The cone spins when it's green for pedestrians to go. It's placed there so visually impaired people know when it's safe to cross as not all crossings make an audible sound, particularly in busy areas where sounds can be confused.

Soz if seb.
They’ve been there since the 1980s I think, when we found about it as kids it was underneath the control box/button unit.

Ciabatta bread wasn't invented till 1982.
I told the lass in the bakery at Sainsbury's............she didn't even feign the slightest of interest:evil:

Back