Things that make you want to smash the place

just pressed it and closed the page 😡😂
Exactly, just the tab in focus is closed. Sorted. If it’s the only tab, the whole window will close.
I was in a hotel for work (again) and when I went for breakfast I was told (again) that ‘breakfast isn’t included sir’. So I accessed my confirmatory email (again) to point out that the corporate package for the rate charged was ‘bed and breakfast, plus dinner allowance of £x’. The response was that ‘breakfast isn’t included’.

it got me riled.

Repeated attempts to gain a shared understanding of what ‘Bed and Breakfast’ constituted ended with me questioning the hotel employees capacity to understand simple phraseology...

Eg: “it’s bed... which I’ve had ... and breakfast ...which I’d now like please”

“the word ‘and’ is an indication that there are TWO elements to the package in this context ... I’ve, so far, only had one of them”

etc

I don’t know quite how to characterise this type of approach but I experience it regularly in a variety of service settings.

ps: I was eventually seated for my breakfast, had half a cup of coffee and walked out. I was annoyed half the morning.
Happened to me and @Kevj in Beerlin. Just walked in like we’d paid and got away with it.

Last edited:
These newish passport scanners at airports, and old people who can't use them. Holding your passport face down for a few seconds clearly isn't as easy as it seems

I've said it before, and it keeps happening. I went off it with a woman just last night. A whole feckin car park empty, and she parks right up close to my car. which was parked by itself, out of the way in the corner of the car park. She looked incredulous and couldn't understand the problem. Feckin hell man, why do people want to dent your car doors ?

should have scratched a knob on her car door

People doing a big shop while their car is parked at pump number 6.
I’m normally cool as fuck but I went up the other day in the spar garage at the top of Villette road.
Felt terrible afterwards.

These newish passport scanners at airports, and old people who can't use them. Holding your passport face down for a few seconds clearly isn't as easy as it seems
Funny as fuck. First off they have to remember to take their glasses off, and when they do, they can't see if their passport is in the right place or the right way up. Glasses back on to get the passport right, then look into the scanner, .... reject, they've still got their glasses on. Then take a while to figure it out. Now, people behind getting irate, which breeds more panic, and then fuck it....... it doesn't work. Finally push back through everyone to go through the human bit. Love it.

I was in a hotel for work (again) and when I went for breakfast I was told (again) that ‘breakfast isn’t included sir’. So I accessed my confirmatory email (again) to point out that the corporate package for the rate charged was ‘bed and breakfast, plus dinner allowance of £x’. The response was that ‘breakfast isn’t included’.

it got me riled.

Repeated attempts to gain a shared understanding of what ‘Bed and Breakfast’ constituted ended with me questioning the hotel employees capacity to understand simple phraseology...

Eg: “it’s bed... which I’ve had ... and breakfast ...which I’d now like please”

“the word ‘and’ is an indication that there are TWO elements to the package in this context ... I’ve, so far, only had one of them”

etc

I don’t know quite how to characterise this type of approach but I experience it regularly in a variety of service settings.

ps: I was eventually seated for my breakfast, had half a cup of coffee and walked out. I was annoyed half the morning.

You weren't at the Hilton Metropole the other week were you? Seemed to be on same time schedule as another fella and each day he went through the same charade!

Back