Things that make you want to smash the place

I know there’s been plenty of threads about little things that annoy. But here’s another.

As I’ve got older, I’ve got more calm and it’s a lot harder to get me riled. However .... It’s funny how little things can still make me want to go beserk

I was on-hold to the mobile phone company for 36 minutes. Sitting listening to the hold music on hands free. Someone finally answers and, instead of taking the phone off hands free, I hung up on them!!! Grrrrrr

I know there’s been plenty of threads about little things that annoy. But here’s another.

As I’ve got older, I’ve got more calm and it’s a lot harder to get me riled. However .... It’s funny how little things can still make me want to go beserk

I was on-hold to the mobile phone company for 36 minutes. Sitting listening to the hold music on hands free. Someone finally answers and, instead of taking the phone off hands free, I hung up on them!!! Grrrrrr

That’ll teach them, hope you enjoyed being on hold again when you rang back

i know what you mean.

mine is when i go to x the last tab i was using and accidentally x the whole window on chrome.

I was in a hotel for work (again) and when I went for breakfast I was told (again) that ‘breakfast isn’t included sir’. So I accessed my confirmatory email (again) to point out that the corporate package for the rate charged was ‘bed and breakfast, plus dinner allowance of £x’. The response was that ‘breakfast isn’t included’.

it got me riled.

Repeated attempts to gain a shared understanding of what ‘Bed and Breakfast’ constituted ended with me questioning the hotel employees capacity to understand simple phraseology...

Eg: “it’s bed... which I’ve had ... and breakfast ...which I’d now like please”

“the word ‘and’ is an indication that there are TWO elements to the package in this context ... I’ve, so far, only had one of them”

etc

I don’t know quite how to characterise this type of approach but I experience it regularly in a variety of service settings.

ps: I was eventually seated for my breakfast, had half a cup of coffee and walked out. I was annoyed half the morning.

I was in a hotel for work (again) and when I went for breakfast I was told (again) that ‘breakfast isn’t included sir’. So I accessed my confirmatory email (again) to point out that the corporate package for the rate charged was ‘bed and breakfast, plus dinner allowance of £x’. The response was that ‘breakfast isn’t included’.

it got me riled.

Repeated attempts to gain a shared understanding of what ‘Bed and Breakfast’ constituted ended with me questioning the hotel employees capacity to understand simple phraseology...

“the word ‘and’ is an indication that there are TWO elements to the package in this context ... I’ve, so far, only had one of them”

etc

I don’t know quite how to characterise this type of approach but I experience it regularly in a variety of service settings.

ps: I was eventually seated for my breakfast, had half a cup of coffee and walked out. I was annoyed half the morning.
You sure showed them.

The older I get, anywhere with shit service. Can feel myself getting agitated even waiting to get served at a bar for 1 minute. Not if there are queues, that’s fine. But when there’s staff just pissing about, or everyone in the back. If I were a bar manager this would be an immediate sackable offence (unless it was my fault for understaffing)

it got me riled.

etc

Shit service

Last edited:

Back