Things that irritate you more than they should

When drivers come to leave my cul-de-sac instead of just driving in a forwards direction up and out what they do is they reverse up it and right in the path of oncoming cars who may be coming in round a blind bend.

The road arrangement of the cul-de-sac there is a West-East entry road that goes down an incline to a North-South facing long stretch of tarmac. At the bend of both sections there is a huge fence on a small brick wall that the owners of the corner property had erected making it now a blind bend. It was just the wall before when the old lady who lived there before had it. You could see up the road to the entrance. You can't now.

Just to explain. Back when the cul-de-sac was built in the 50's the housing development company should have built another house on the corner but for some reason they didn't. So the existing corner property has a huge back garden but also a large side garden that should not be there.

I think it is idiotic that despite there being places to do a turnaround so they now face forwards, the drivers do not do this and prefer to reverse straight into potentially on-coming cars from behind a high fence.

Twats who think their garage is a storage unit then park their car on the pavement.

People who (but are probably too inept to do otherwise) drive forwards on to their drive and reverse out into a busy road instead of reversing in and driving out. Nonces.

The way they put laces into shoes at shoe shops, twats.
I don't know anyone who does it the twattish way they do in shops.

Mayonnaise.

People who start to answer a question asked of them, with "So................."

Marginally worse than " Yeah, no......................"
Knobs who start talking with "Listen........". You've pretty much ensured I won't be.

Shitebags who interrupt when you are talking with "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah' spoken very quickly.

People who feel it's important you know they are gay within eight seconds of you meeting them. I don't care, it's none of my business.

People who 'support' Man Utd and justify it by saying their Grandmother was from Manchester. If their other Grandmother was from Southend, do you think they'd have a fondness for The Shrimpers.

'Victims' of viagogo. So you didn't see the £xxxx.xx will be charged to your credit card ?

People who have guitars as room decoration but can't/never play them.

Last edited:
Our lass

She is however really good at other stuff, has been fantastic while I'm dealing with this cancer lark (and obviously doesn't live here :lol:)

I've been coming on here years. Actually decades. And this is the finest bit of prose on here that i've ever read, jayzus i'm crying with laughter here man. Talk about gerld, take a bow son!...

When I'm at the gym, or anywhere really, with earphones in and they get pulled out of my ears by getting caught on something. Always pisses me right off for some reason, more than it probably should.

This. I can bump my shins on furniture, drop stuff, other clumsy things and be totally calm; but catch my headphones on something and I feel like I want to have a fight with someone.

Back