Things that are irritating

people who shake their legs with their foot on the ground at tables vibrating everything

bouncers who bang their hands together in some form of ape behaviour

I used to do that, but it has stopped for some reason. Seems to be blokes 20-40 years old-ish.

Over cautious drivers behind a cyclist. It annoys the hell out of me when a car is driving behind me for ages. Just fecking overtake. As long as you're not blasting past at high speed.

Last edited:
when you do a relatively simple task as removing a rear wheel on a bike to put a new tyre on and discover the bearings are shot so clart on for ages to remove the old ones and put the new ones in then find something's not right, spend ages trying to work out why then realise it's the the axle spacer inside the wheel between the bearings is too short and is the reason the original bearings were goosed and there's nowhere open to get the right size one now.

I like putting my stuff down without the divider but always leave a sensible gap so it's obvious whose shopping is whose.

Then the look of panic on those in front as they see mine lined up behind theirs, they then quickly grab a divider and slam it down into the obvious gap.

They then feel all safe and warm inside, that plastic is keeping them protected in case I try to slip a packet of Jammy Dodgers into their weekly shop :D
This is the beauty of self scanning as you do the shop. Pack as you go, and no checkout operator to be nice to, unless you get the random security check.

I like putting my stuff down without the divider but always leave a sensible gap so it's obvious whose shopping is whose.

Then the look of panic on those in front as they see mine lined up behind theirs, they then quickly grab a divider and slam it down into the obvious gap.

They then feel all safe and warm inside, that plastic is keeping them protected in case I try to slip a packet of Jammy Dodgers into their weekly shop :D

james acaster does a funny bit in one if his shows where he describes trying to buy one of those dividers at a supermarket and has to put three of them in a row on the conveyor belt. its really very funny and much funnier than me trying to describe it

Grown adults hashtagging every minor event on social media with all the #life#goodtimes#smashedthegym#beers type thing, i dont know how it became a thing.

Bassline Direct

This kind of thing, not just them, most people go on like that now and if it works, thats good, it just annoys me

Last edited:
I have just gotten an interest in Dionaea Muscipula's (Venus Fly Traps to you). The greatest threat to them is not the destruction of their natural habitat - peat bogs where the moss and the peat has been plundered for donkey's years for horticulture - but people who poke their ignorant and ill-informed noses where it doesn't belong, messing on with them without a single care and thought for whether or not their stupid playing and messing is slowly killing them.

There's this one fat lass at work who makes my desk shake every time she walks past. Weirdly we have fatter in the office but they don't have the same ability. Does my head in.

Van drivers that think they can park wherever they want if they have their hazards on.

Adverts for cars that have all the windows blacked out. Adverts on the radio where they give you the terms and conditions at the end at 300mph.
"Terms and conditions apply"
There's always terms and conditions, you don't need to tell me on every bloody advert.

Last edited:
Steve Wrights "Big Show" on Radio 2
50mph average speed check cameras over stretches of road where there is no one working or any sign of anyone working
Automated announcements on trains and busses

when you do a relatively simple task as removing a rear wheel on a bike to put a new tyre on and discover the bearings are shot so clart on for ages to remove the old ones and put the new ones in then find something's not right, spend ages trying to work out why then realise it's the the axle spacer inside the wheel between the bearings is too short and is the reason the original bearings were goosed and there's nowhere open to get the right size one now.
Amen brother

Back