Things stolen from Nissan Juke

xmfd

Winger
Just wondering if anyone can help me work out what's happened. This morning I got up (Barnes area) and my car's doors were slightly open, unlocked, and someone had taken a few things (jumper off the back seat, a coat out the boot, my iphone charging cable) but strangely left the few quid I had on the dashboard. I'm pretty confident I locked my car last night, and I'm also pretty sure they lock automatically anyway after being left alone for a while (can anyone confirm this?). I'm just wondering how they might have gained entry to the car? Next door has CCTV so I'm waiting for them to come home to see if there's anything on there, but not sure if there will be. I was thinking maybe the key fob was too close to the car as it was in the door and the car was parked immediately outside the door, but I recreated the scenario and it appears to be too far away.

It's not the stuff they took that's bothering me, it's more the fact that some absolute cretin has been in my car overnight and I have no idea how?

Just wondering if anyone can help me work out what's happened. This morning I got up (Barnes area) and my car's doors were slightly open, unlocked, and someone had taken a few things (jumper off the back seat, a coat out the boot, my iphone charging cable) but strangely left the few quid I had on the dashboard. I'm pretty confident I locked my car last night, and I'm also pretty sure they lock automatically anyway after being left alone for a while (can anyone confirm this?). I'm just wondering how they might have gained entry to the car? Next door has CCTV so I'm waiting for them to come home to see if there's anything on there, but not sure if there will be. I was thinking maybe the key fob was too close to the car as it was in the door and the car was parked immediately outside the door, but I recreated the scenario and it appears to be too far away.

It's not the stuff they took that's bothering me, it's more the fact that some absolute cretin has been in my car overnight and I have no idea how?
That was nice of them.:lol:

Our top theory is now that I somehow didn't close one of the doors properly, which meant they failed to lock without me knowing, which meant someone has walked past and noticed a door slightly ajar and just helped themselves. Proper gutted about the coat as well :neutral: Lesson learned, but how unlucky (and odd with the kinder bar). Twat's trick as well right on Christmas.

Your car won’t automatically lock with the engine off and key out the ignition.

It’s likely that:
A) you’ve sat on your fob
B) forgot to lock your car
C) the radio frequency used for your fob is the same as that on a household gadget (wireless doorbell etc.) and it is activating your central locking (I first had this on Nissan Micra’s but my current car fob sets off shop security detectors).

Back