Thin Lizzy

Any appreciation on here for Renegade?? Always had a soft spot for that as it was the first one I bought by them. Always loved Angel of Death and Hollywood and Renegade itself is absolute class.
Yes ! ....for me its a better album than the first one with Snowy ie Chinatown.......you can tell though that Phil was working on solo stuff though as its more varied.
Fats and Mexican Blood are different to usual Lizzy fayre...but no less good .....Hollywood is classic Lizzy, Renegade is very Dire straits ( but better )
No one told him is a great pop song
Lyrically too you can tell that Phil is in trouble relationship wise and with drugs
Its a real good album song wise but does suffers slightly from “soft“ production imo
Love this song,great album.
One of Scotts best guitar solos in Fools Gold...really, really good
Love this song,great album.
The first 5 songs ie side 1 of the vinyl are just sublime....Lizzy at their absolute best....better than side 1 of Jailbreak

Last edited:
Even though he holds his bass to high unlike Pete Way who has it between his ankles :lol:
I copied his mirrored scratch plate !!!!

The guitar high low look is strange - slash balances his les Paul on his thigh not for a cool look - although it does look good - but he can’t play the solos with it hung down so low.

I copied his mirrored scratch plate !!!!

The guitar high low look is strange - slash balances his les Paul on his thigh not for a cool look - although it does look good - but he can’t play the solos with it hung down so low.
I would add that Phil Lynott is one of the few who holds his bass that high that still manages to look cool.

Back