Thickies who get scammed should not be refunded

I got scammed On a fake passport website about 10 year ago. Filled in details and paid the lot, went to Durham passport office to pick it up as per appointment and details

When asked for my passport at appointment they were like well we need to fill in form and you need to pay and it wil take a few weeks etc

Anyway i’d paid this website to book me an appointment, about 100 quid. Bastards. 😂😂

That will make everyone extra careful and put the kernts out of business iirc

I used to work for a bank & saw a few people getting refunded even though they’d been immensely stupid. They think if they send money via online backing or an app the bank should be responsible. It’s essentially the same as withdrawing money from a cash point, buying magic beans & asking the bank for money back.

The amount of these scam texts doing the rounds at the minute is insane, everyone seems to be getting them.

The scam emails have really upped in quality too. Not often I'll get them, but had the odd one through pretending to be from PayPal which looked legit and would definitely have conned a few.

Yes, the last thing this country needs is protection for those less intelligent than the rest of us.

It's a slippery slope. Next thing you know, they'd be reversing Brexit and taking the vote away from those people, allowing sensible parties into power instead of the good old exploitational right wingers we've been electing.

I think calling folk thick is a bit harsh. We will all have our mental edge blunted as we get older and these bastards rely on that. For someone old who has had to adopt to technology late in life this must be really tough.

Exactly this. No matter how many times i told my parents they had sky phone and internet they'd still tell me BT have been on the phone gonna cancel their internet.
Got sky talk shield on for them and the calls stopped instantly. Was about 10 a day before that.

Edit. They never fell for it but were clearly concerned enough to ask. I'd told them to just hang up on any call at all like that. If it was that important sky would write to them

Last edited:
That will make everyone extra careful and put the kernts out of business iirc

I got one pretending about Hermes trying to get me to click on a link for “redelivery,” last week. And to be fair, anyone who fell for that deserves locking up.

Everyone knows Hermes don’t do redeliveries, they just deliver your parcel to the nearest bin.

There's a bit in that article that really grates on me. They author says something like "This scam has even fooled doctors, teachers and architects". The Guardian, the newspaper on the side of the working class, purely so they can feel superior to them. Kernts. Still read it like.

There's a bit in that article that really grates on me. They author says something like "This scam has even fooled doctors, teachers and architects". The Guardian, the newspaper on the side of the working class, purely so they can feel superior to them. Kernts. Still read it like.
I thought that.
Imagine it said;
This scam has obviously fooled cleaners, the unemployed and sandwich shop staff.

Effectively saying even people with a degree fell for it so it must be good.

Back