They, them ?

Hue Jorgan

Striker
And all the other nouns, pronouns etc etc that people (Am I allowed to say people) seem to be using these days What’s the purpose? Will ’they’ still want to be described like this in years to come?

do the masses understand it or just think it’s bonkers

I understand they want to ‘identify’

is it a ‘look at me‘ fad or not

I don’t have issue with it personally whatever floats ya boat
but I don’t really get it, what does it achieve (genuine question)

Like I've said on similar threads...
You don't have to understand or like it, you just have to be polite and address them by whatever pronoun they want.
I get that but I just don’t see the point. If it’s about labels, why give it a new label just get on and be yourself.
is it a sexuality thing? Or is it just something you wish to be known as?

Man is the species, not the gender.
Woman is a subset of the species.

It's the different treatment of this subset of man that has caused all these issues.

Rather than try to refer to each individual using an increasingly complex set of rules that most people can't follow, the solution is to refer to all people as "he".
Stop treating women as a special case by calling them "she" and there is then no argument to treat anyone else as a special case.

Refer to everyone as "he" then everyone is then treated the same and everyone can keep track.

Man is the species, not the gender.
Woman is a subset of the species.

It's the different treatment of this subset of man that has caused all these issues.

Rather than try to refer to each individual using an increasingly complex set of rules that most people can't follow, the solution is to refer to all people as "he".
Stop treating women as a special case by calling them "she" and there is then no argument to treat anyone else as a special case.

Refer to everyone as "he" then everyone is then treated the same and everyone can keep track.
What a thickie

F Comp is presumably the highest education level & institution you attended

I’ve no issue with people asking to be called whatever they like (other than the fact it’s a grammatical nightmare!). I’m not a fan of the people on social media who go looking to pick people up on misspeaking however. Even Eddie izzard referred to herself as the wrong pronouns when on portrait artist of the year.

if it makes the person using it happier to do so and doesn't hurt you or anyone else in the process then why would anyone have a problem with it?

Homo Sapiens (Human) is the species!
man
[man]
NOUN
an adult male human being.
"a small man with mischievous eyes" · [More]
synonyms:
male · adult male · gentleman · guy · fellow · gent · mother's son · bloke · chap · geezer · lad · Joe · dude · bro · hombre · digger · oke · ou · oom · admi · bodach · cove · carl
a human being of either sex; a person.
"God cares for all men"
synonyms:

human being · human · person · mortal · individual · personage · soul

I'll just let them get on with it.

If I make a faux pas somewhere down the line they'll have to forgive me.

Well, so long as you didn't do it deliberately to cause offence I'm sure they would.
I'd hope they would anyway otherwise they're as bad as the people who cause offence in the first place.

I’ve no issue with people asking to be called whatever they like (other than the fact it’s a grammatical nightmare!). I’m not a fan of the people on social media who go looking to pick people up on misspeaking however. Even Eddie izzard referred to herself as the wrong pronouns when on portrait artist of the year.
I think Eddie Izzard uses whatever pronoun feels most appropriate to him/her at the time.

If Sam Smith wants people to call him they/them why does he call himself O and not we?

I think it's largely a case of look at me I want to stand out ps here's my new album.

Back