They, them ?

I still have yet to meet or hear of someone who is gender neutral so I'm assuming the internet gives it the illusion that it's more widespread than it actually is.

exactly. just another divide and conquer sub-tactic.

even if i did meet someone who preferred to called whatever, without them telling me, how am i supposed to know? and if they do tell me that they like to be referred to as he/she/it , then i'll refer to them as that. nee bother.

I called someone he instead of she who is transitioning, I corrected myself then said that I should just call them it.
They said that their Mam had called them it the day before so I said, ‘right, I’ll not call you it then’.

They have a very good sense of humour so it wasn’t an issue.

Horses for courses.

I typed a reply in boldface underline red capitals at 26 pt font about how outraged I was... then I accidentally erased it ... and I couldn't be arsed

They, them, he, she, it, ? are just attention seeking tosspots who deserve the derision of every man, woman, child, hybrid in the world.

The op seems a bit ignorant. I would advise them that they may be better off looking somewhere other than a football forum for advice on this topic.

surely anyone who asks a question is admittedly ignorant on the topic on which they are asking about otherwise they wouldn’t ask....?

I commend him for asking and I think you are underestimating just how diverse the community of forum members are, from all ages, walks of life, areas of the world with different experiences and levels of exposure to things.

What has been said I believe to be correct, social media noises and hoopla would have you believe the mass majority are concerned about pronouns and that it’s some massive issue when in actual fact it’s 1 or 2% of the population. That 1 or 2% just so happen to be on Twitter banging their drum.

surely anyone who asks a question is admittedly ignorant on the topic on which they are asking about otherwise they wouldn’t ask....?

I commend him for asking and I think you are underestimating just how diverse the community of forum members are, from all ages, walks of life, areas of the world with different experiences and levels of exposure to things.

What has been said I believe to be correct, social media noises and hoopla would have you believe the mass majority are concerned about pronouns and that it’s some massive issue when in actual fact it’s 1 or 2% of the population. That 1 or 2% just so happen to be on Twitter banging their drum.
I think you're underestimating just how often we have threads relating to this topic come up, and how often those threads are productive (loads, and rarely).

As for your last paragraph, it has fuck all to do with anything in my post, I happen to agree with the sentiment.

Overall you've missed the point of my post, which was to provide an example where it would be perfectly normal to use they/them in relation to someone. Both are first person singulars we use day to day, who gives a fuck if some people want to use them as their pronouns

I think you're underestimating just how often we have threads relating to this topic come up, and how often those threads are productive (loads, and rarely).

As for your last paragraph, it has fuck all to do with anything in my post, I happen to agree with the sentiment.

Overall you've missed the point of my post, which was to provide an example where it would be perfectly normal to use they/them in relation to someone. Both are first person singulars we use day to day, who gives a fuck if some people want to use them as their pronouns

what’s to say my last paragraph was meant to be in response to your post? I was just contributing to the debate. My opening paragraphs was simply a response to your classification of the OP as ‘ignorant’ that’s all.

Peace. Chillax. Etc.

When is Pronoun Awareness Month?

And all the other nouns, pronouns etc etc that people (Am I allowed to say people) seem to be using these days What’s the purpose? Will ’they’ still want to be described like this in years to come?

do the masses understand it or just think it’s bonkers

I understand they want to ‘identify’

is it a ‘look at me‘ fad or not

I don’t have issue with it personally whatever floats ya boat
but I don’t really get it, what does it achieve (genuine question)

Some people don't feel like either "he" nor "she" are an accurate portrayal of their gender.

If you identify as the gender you were born with, presumably a male, and someone was using "she" and "her" to describe you, you'd likely be offended by it.

Equally if you described a woman as "he" and "him", she'd probably take offense.

This is exactly the same thing. They don't feel like they're either a he or a she, so they ask that you refer to them as "they" instead.

How many experts giving the OP advice ..... Not sure it was asked for

Live and let live people we will all make mistakes on how we address people but this has been going on for years

Ive been calling by mate a twat for years now .... Turns out hes actually a prick so there you go

On a serious note this is going to get worse and worse when people start wanting to be known as animals,objects etc

Not sure what the issue is tbh. Seems entirely reasonable to me that if someone wants to be referred by a specific pronoun that people respect that. Likewise it seems reasonable that if someone is wants to be referred by a non-standard pronoun they are understanding of the fact people will make mistakes.

What is the behaviour of a tit, IMO, is intentionally using the wrong pronoun in order to make a point about it.

Back