These print your own luggage label machines at airports

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5265

Anyone had any issues with these? Looks like the next people to use it after us might not have set the screen back to the start, meaning it’s printed out a label for them with our name and flight on it. We’ve now got the airport here in forrin parts (aye look at us) ringing us saying we left a bag on the carousel. This is the only explanation we can think of.

Funny but if there is summit like that in the bag the op is in massive trouble.
Gerld potential that :lol:
Actually when you think about its very cunning put someone else's details on it and if it looks too iiffy at the pick up leave it without your name

Last edited:
It's a blight on our society that we're being forced more and more to use machines than interact with people. Banks, supermarkets, airports, train stations, newsagents (WH Smith, really). Bugs the living shite out of me when I walk into a supermarket and see only 2 people working on a the check outs and 15 empty.

It's a blight on our society that we're being forced more and more to use machines than interact with people. Banks, supermarkets, airports, train stations, newsagents (WH Smith, really). Bugs the living shite out of me when I walk into a supermarket and see only 2 people working on a the check outs and 15 empty.
Welcome to the future

Update. Mr P has only just been informed of this situation on his return from watching the League Cup Final. He’s all for the airport sending it on on the off chance any of the clothes fit as he’s come without any shorts and as has spent 37 euros on 4 pairs of shorts. What with the price of GII razor blades he’s of the opinion that it’s worth the risk of a ten year stretch.

Update: Quiet on here today isn’t it? Must be the heat. Everyone out sunbathing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update. Mr P has only just been informed of this situation on his return from watching the League Cup Final. He’s all for the airport sending it on on the off chance any of the clothes fit as he’s come without any shorts and as has spent 37 euros on 4 pairs of shorts. What with the price of GII razor blades he’s of the opinion that it’s worth the risk of a ten year stretch.

Update: Quiet on here today isn’t it? Must be the heat. Everyone out sunbathing?

Trying to avoid contact with luggage traffickers

Last year didn't book a seat, lass booked us on as normal.
Woman going off it as her bag was slightly over but between her party they didn't use up their allowance
Dont know end result but very unfair. Plus they didnt tell you it was going to be automatic. TUI gone down the shitter since Germans took over the management

Last year didn't book a seat, lass booked us on as normal.
Woman going off it as her bag was slightly over but between her party they didn't use up their allowance
Dont know end result but very unfair. Plus they didnt tell you it was going to be automatic. TUI gone down the shitter since Germans took over the management

sounds it. I’d write in

Everyone expects value these days mate. The internet means you can determine in seconds if the deal offered is a good one. This means businesses have to be brutally efficient to stay competitive and profitable. Lasses scanning groceries in when a machine can do it for nowt makes sense. People expect 20 cans for 12 quid at the end of the day.

Travel a lot through work (la dee dah look at me, no, but seriously it's not a perk of the job) and it never really bothered me, some long haul flights can be awful but normally I can get a few hours sleep/work in.

But these have made my life hell, especially if I have like 90-120kg of luggage. The ones at Newcastle are gash, Southampton, Marsielle, Shirpol (esp klm) are awful. I could name more.

Everybody complains about the NSA and US airport but I've never had any problems. Most European airports are starting to impliment these, cheap self service machines and they sre poor.
The bigger more sophisticated machines seem to work better but it's marginal.
Well done you've triggered me :lol:

He typed.....

Anyone had any issues with these? Looks like the next people to use it after us might not have set the screen back to the start, meaning it’s printed out a label for them with our name and flight on it. We’ve now got the airport here in forrin parts (aye look at us) ringing us saying we left a bag on the carousel. This is the only explanation we can think of.

so some knackers somewhere in the World has printed a label with the wrong flight details on, stuck it on their bag & it's been accepted and put on the wrong flight? Otherwise surely the knackers that can't operate the label machine would have recognised their bag & took it off the carousel even with the wrong label on?

Thinly veiled "look at me I'm on holiday" thread
I didn't think it was that thinly veiled to be honest.

Travel a lot through work (la dee dah look at me, no, but seriously it's not a perk of the job) and it never really bothered me, some long haul flights can be awful but normally I can get a few hours sleep/work in.

But these have made my life hell, especially if I have like 90-120kg of luggage. The ones at Newcastle are gash, Southampton, Marsielle, Shirpol (esp klm) are awful. I could name more.

Everybody complains about the NSA and US airport but I've never had any problems. Most European airports are starting to impliment these, cheap self service machines and they sre poor.
The bigger more sophisticated machines seem to work better but it's marginal.
Well done you've triggered me :lol:
You're not able to do a 'look at me I have to fly a lot isn't it awful' post unless you've struggled with so-called "London Luton" Airport, its luggage label machines, its permanent building works and its likewise so-called "courtesy" bus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back