These grooming gangs then

There’s community groups set up to try and educate the cultural groups as to what is acceptable and not in our society but apparently they’re well within their infancy and aren’t doing a lot to change things at the minute. As you say it’ll takes generations to see any real change but I guess it’s got to start somewhere and doing a little is better than doing nothing. Very tricky subject as just locking these folk up isn’t the only answer.
I can't get my head around who would think it's ok to prey on under age girls

I know! But in a culture where they think it’s ok to marry a lass who is 12yr old it’s pretty easy to see why they think it’s ok.
It would actually be interesting if there was some sort of study done to establish what these men think. It's repeated many times that they think it's ok but it all seeems anecdotal. It might not be pretty but it would be something to base future education on?

It was a different MO and although similar, a different type of abuse. The reason grooming gangs create such controversy is it is believed the abuse has its roots in culture rather than biology.

Yes. I believe we established this over 5 years ago.

I've not read the report, they usually charge about £8, but the press aren't reporting anything new findings as far as I can see.

Btw, I'm in total agreement with the researcher's opinion that no culture should be off limits to criticism but it can't be claimed the Asian community have been spared in that regard.

It would actually be interesting if there was some sort of study done to establish what these men think. It's repeated many times that they think it's ok but it all seeems anecdotal. It might not be pretty but it would be something to base future education on?
That’s probably a very good call, try and find out the scale of the problem and then come up with a plan to tackle it afterwards. Much better than just being reactionary and waiting for crimes to be reported

From what I can tell from a quick Google the age of marriage is sixteen. Still too low, mind
Don't think there is a traditional set age, was set on maturity, both physical and mental. Maybe 'man made' laws in place but religious law wise (sharia)they can be well under

From what I can tell, they mean Pakistani, not Asian. I'm not having a go at all the good Pakistani people, just if you want to figure out a problem you have to clarify it. I've not seen Chinese or Korean faces on these news reports of grooming gangs. I have to agree with the bloke at the end of the video

It was a different MO and although similar, a different type of abuse. The reason grooming gangs create such controversy is it is believed the abuse has its roots in culture rather than biology.
The controversy was around the scale of the abuse and the networks to other gangs. Also controversial is the fact that they are from immigrant backgrounds who had these networks.

I think that as far as biology v culture is concerned they are no more predisposed to either than the myriad of lone, white online groomers that we are beginning to see in our regular social media news feeds. As far as they are concerned I think that more and more, social media is recognising, becoming repulsed by, and is highlighting them as much as their Pakistani brethren. Social media is catching up with and exposing lone/white groomers more and more.

How would the Pakistani groomers have targeted white Christian girls while they were living back ‘home’?
They would have used 'honour culture' as an excuse for rape just as they did here but there probably wouldn't have bothered with the cost of the grooming in Pakistan - just straight to the rape - and then maybe afterwards demanding that the victim be killed for the offence of having allowed herself to be raped.

Sounds like you're outraged there mate. Maybe this isn't about being racist and just about facts. You seem to want to find reasons to be outraged. Outrageous behaviour.
Or maybe I don't like deliberatly misleading information which focuses on a small population group to make the facts look different to reality, much like I don't like welfare being used as a means to manipulate others into thinking people claim benefits fraudulently when the reality is a tiny percentage of benefits are found to be claimed fraudulently.

Just people who tell lies really.

There’s community groups set up to try and educate the cultural groups as to what is acceptable and not in our society but apparently they’re well within their infancy and aren’t doing a lot to change things at the minute. As you say it’ll takes generations to see any real change but I guess it’s got to start somewhere and doing a little is better than doing nothing. Very tricky subject as just locking these folk up isn’t the only answer.

I hope that everyone realises when these vile bastards are caught and locked up, they are given special protection. f***ing scum, should be battered to death

I hope that everyone realises when these vile bastards are caught and locked up, they are given special protection. f***ing scum, should be battered to death
Should that not apply to anyone who is in prison regardless of race, religion or crime?

Edit:not the special protection bit!

Back