These grooming gangs then

I guess that report today justifies what many have suspected. 84% is substantial for one particular group.
Used to see a lass who works in bringing down these gangs, the facts are that it’s a cultural thing and the view amongst the force is that it’ll never stop unless there’s a major change in the way different cultures are integrated.
It’s going to be a hard job to do anything when these gangs don’t think they’re doing anything wrong!

I guess that report today justifies what many have suspected. 84% is substantial for one particular group.
Yes. We know by now. Within the category of crime that is sexual abuse, the sub category of using drink and drugs to abuse young teens as part of a gang culture is dominated by Pakistani Muslims.

The report says CEOP, an official government body, identifies two types of group-based child sexual exploitation offenders.

Type 1 offenders were those that targeted their victims based on their vulnerability (roughly equivalent of grooming gangs), whereas Type 2 offenders target children as a result of a specific sexual interest in children (roughly equivalent of paedophile rings).

CEOP found that 75% of Type 1 offenders were of Asian ethnicity, whereas 100% of Type 2 offenders were white.

In the sub category of paedos within the crime of sexual abuse the story is somewhat different.

Last edited:
Used to see a lass who works in bringing down these gangs, the facts are that it’s a cultural thing and the view amongst the force is that it’ll never stop unless there’s a major change in the way different cultures are integrated.
It’s going to be a hard job to do anything when these gangs don’t think they’re doing anything wrong!

Cultural change takes generations to take any real effect. If, (I haven't yet read the link) the issue is down to cultural norms for certain religious groups/ areas of the world, what is the mechanism to instigate this change and how long before it has any meaningful impact? Horrible thought to consider we may have to live with this as it stands.

So Asian paedos have a different MO to white paedos, there's a revelation.
But even then you are missing the point. It is more specific than just saying Asian or white. Hopefully something can be done to tackle things within that specific culture/community in future

But even then you are missing the point. It is more specific than just saying Asian or white. Hopefully something can be done to tackle things within that specific culture/community in future
Again. We know. We all hope that the rule of law is applied and like those girls who walked into the cop shop I'm Newcastle, victims will now continue to be believed. A message needs to be sent stating that grooming gangs will be eventually caught and prosecuted..

Last edited:
Cultural change takes generations to take any real effect. If, (I haven't yet read the link) the issue is down to cultural norms for certain religious groups/ areas of the world, what is the mechanism to instigate this change and how long before it has any meaningful impact? Horrible thought to consider we may have to live with this as it stands.
There’s community groups set up to try and educate the cultural groups as to what is acceptable and not in our society but apparently they’re well within their infancy and aren’t doing a lot to change things at the minute. As you say it’ll takes generations to see any real change but I guess it’s got to start somewhere and doing a little is better than doing nothing. Very tricky subject as just locking these folk up isn’t the only answer.

Again. We know. We all hope that the rule of law is applied and like those girls who walked into the cop shop I'm Newcastle, victims will now continue to be believed. A message needs to be sent stating that grooming gangs will be eventually caught and prosecuted..
No issues with that.

I'm sure we can agree it all needs tackling.

On your point, how are the police doing in tackling the Asian gangs? I don't know but it seems they're getting regular convictions. I don't see as much on the news about them breaking up other types of paedo rings. I know it's only perceived, but it appears progress is being made in tackling at least one specific culture.

Bang on ,these rats see young white lasses as fair game.There to be abused.Ive warned my daughter In no uncertain terms about talking to them in clubs and pubs.

Yet we welcome them into our country with open arms,I don’t blame them I blame us and our leaders for being so f***ing stupid and “liberal”to allow this to go on.

You better get used to it Kev,as it’ll continue to get worse and become the norm well after me and you are dead and buried .

On your point, how are the police doing in tackling the Asian gangs? I don't know but it seems they're getting regular convictions. I don't see as much on the news about them breaking up other types of paedo rings. I know it's only perceived, but it appears progress is being made in tackling at least one specific culture.
Dunno mate I'm not a copper. Big step today in officially naming one particular group though as being a particular problem.

Operation Lattise provided a pretty major bust in Scotland last year but it never got the same kind of social media coverage.

There’s community groups set up to try and educate the cultural groups as to what is acceptable and not in our society but apparently they’re well within their infancy and aren’t doing a lot to change things at the minute. As you say it’ll takes generations to see any real change but I guess it’s got to start somewhere and doing a little is better than doing nothing. Very tricky subject as just locking these folk up isn’t the only answer.

Locking them up is the reactive measure.

I can't see how or who will teach people in remote villages that this is wrong and for that to become their cultural norm.

Unpleasant subject all round.

Bang on ,these rats see young white lasses as fair game.There to be abused.Ive warned my daughter In no uncertain terms about talking to them in clubs and pubs.

Yet we welcome them into our country with open arms,I don’t blame them I blame us and our leaders for being so f***ing stupid and “liberal”to allow this to go on.

You better get used to it Kev,as it’ll continue to get worse and become the norm well after me and you are dead and buried .

Unfortunately, you are bang on.

Back