These bible yellers in the town centre.

Many accounts were factual?

Were they? I wasn't aware of that like.

I mean even the story of Jesus, and not the miracle parts, just the bits like he was born in Bethlehem because of the Romans holding a census, we know that isn't true.

There's no Roman record of Pilate ordering Jesus execution either

But that is part of the whole thing.
Pilate definately existed, we know he was the governor of Judea at the right time.

Doubt he'd have had any guilt to wash his hands of like, he probably had a load of proto-hippies called Yeshua crucified.

I'm not suggesting the Bible is historical fact obviously.

You mean believers (not religion) have done much good, but only because a lot of people were historically believers.

Non-believers have also done much good in life too.

Of course you can choose to believe in any one of the gods, 23 of them, 12 of them or even none of them. I’m assuming you have chosen to believe in just one of the gods (selected from the shelf for reasons best known to yourself) so we’re actually pretty similar... you’re almost there.
I agree. I believe these people will be rewarded by God, more than the religious fanatics who don't really understand what is really required from God. I once argued with some Mormons about this and told them that religion is not important but the deeds and words of a person are and the non-religious good people they are damning will go to Heaven before many of their lot and those of other religions with the same attitude as them as the 'Chosen ones'.
'He who is first, shall be last and he who is last shall be first'. ;)

Last edited:
I agree. I believe these people will be rewarded by God, more than the religious fanatics who don't really understand what is really required from God. I once argued with some Mormons about this and told them that religion is not important but the deeds and words of a person are and the non-religious good people they are damning will go to Heaven before many of their lot and those of other religions.
'He who is first, shall be last and he who is last shall be first'. ;)
So am I doomed to rats biting my testicles while I hang upside down in fresh cow shit..... for not believing this bollocks?

Or, despite that, can I look forward to hearing angels play the harp for eternity while I sit on a cloud...... for doing shit loads for my community and other charities and being a pretty decent lad?

I get a different answer depending on who I talk to. What I’d really love to know is - how do they know?

Pilate definately existed, we know he was the governor of Judea at the right time.

Doubt he'd have had any guilt to wash his hands of like, he probably had a load of proto-hippies called Yeshua crucified.

I'm not suggesting the Bible is historical fact obviously.
Yeah and Bethlehem is a real place, as was Judea.

It's not all complete nonsense. But I've never been aware of the Jesus story being factually corroborated.

Whereas big mo.... a woah woah!!! That boyo had people write stuff down. He had most of them killed after but my god did they write :lol:

You need to read more history books my red and white friend.
I have read plenty and know of the death, pain, oppression, destruction, etc that religion has caused. But I am just addressing the balance and saying that not all religion is bad and some of it is wonderful and changed many lives for the better. How do you really measure if religion has caused more bad than good, over that of mine or yours opinion or assumption? Can it be quantified my peaceful brother? :)
So am I doomed to rats biting my testicles while I hang upside down in fresh cow shit..... for not believing this bollocks?

Or, despite that, can I look forward to hearing angels play the harp for eternity while I sit on a cloud...... for doing shit loads for my community and other charities and being a pretty decent lad?

I get a different answer depending on who I talk to. What I’d really love to know is - how do they know?
You don't believe, I get that. I believe if you do good in life and not bad you will be rewarded, based on your deeds, words and actions, or lack of them(sin of Omission).
I'll put a good word in to God for you, don't worry about that and he will see you alright regardless if you deny him, he'll understand mate. :)

Last edited:
You don't believe, I get that. I believe if you do good in life and not bad you will be rewarded, based on your deeds, words and actions, or lack of them(sin of Omission).
I'll put a good word in to God for you, don't worry about that and he will see you alright regardless if you deny him, he'll understand mate. :)
Which one did you choose in the end? (Just so I am prepared)

It's not all complete nonsense. But I've never been aware of the Jesus story being factually corroborated.
It never will be, he just wasn't all that important in his lifetime.

I wish they kept some of the other shit in there. Like Mary's fanny burning off a midwife's hands (new ones grew back after she touched baby Jesus).

Yeah and Bethlehem is a real place, as was Judea.

Whereas big mo.... a woah woah!!! That boyo had people write stuff down. He had most of them killed after but my god did they write :lol:
The story of the mormon church is brilliant...
Convicted illiterate conman gets out of jail, finds magic golden tablets which only he could read the inscription on them. Gets his neighbour to write down God's golden messages and then when the neighbour's wife comes around to complain hes not at work they disappear into thin air before she can get a look at them....

Built up a whole religion based on magic golden tablets...
Brilliant!!
The one who created the universe and all in it. His name is not that important, just call him God! ;)
I thought Stephen Hawking invented the universe

It never will be, he just wasn't all that important in his lifetime.

I wish they kept some of the other shit in there. Like Mary's fanny burning off a midwife's hands (new ones grew back after she touched baby Jesus).

Aye the gospel that included the baby dragons as well :lol:
The story of the mormon church is brilliant...
Convicted illiterate conman gets out of jail, finds magic golden tablets which only he could read the inscription on them. Gets his neighbour to write down God's golden messages and then when the neighbour's wife comes around to complain hes not at work they disappear into thin air before she can get a look at them....

Built up a whole religion based on magic golden tablets...
Brilliant!!

I thought Stephen Hawking invented the universe
I know. Absolute genius, literally invented by a documented conman and people still believe it :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
But which God is the real God or is it Gods?

Confusing Stuff the bible really depends on which version you read, seems we have the edited version anyway think it was the Roman Emperor Constantine that repackaged the bible around 300AD to bring all the Christian sects together. God forbid leaving anything of importance in with regards women, seems anything written down by the ladies didn't make the cut!

I like the Norse Gods or maybe the druids, sure I read the church of Thor was thriving in Norway.

But which God is the real God or is it Gods?

Confusing Stuff the bible really depends on which version you read, seems we have the edited version anyway think it was the Roman Emperor Constantine that repackaged the bible around 300AD to bring all the Christian sects together. God forbid leaving anything of importance in with regards women, seems anything written down by the ladies didn't make the cut!

I like the Norse Gods or maybe the druids, sure I read the church of Thor was thriving in Norway.
I'm a real 'Love God' the chicks have said!! :cool:

Why cant there be just 1 bible?

There’s some stories that are in the bible, koran and torah i think, maybe there was just 1 book translated for different races, but they all decided to kill each other over it anyways, id be looking for this bastard translator who caused all this shite for thousands of years

And if god made adam and eve then there was kane and abel where the fuck did the rest of us come from, incest? Or is that all in the missing books the church decided not to allow out for normal folk to read into

It is how you translate the teachings with some. I agree with some of the Old Testament and some I don't and don't take them too literally. But the Teachings of Jesus are total spot on and an example to follow I say, it has done me a world of good and that of many others.

Teachings such as "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart"? That was part of his sermon on the mount. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Back