These alexa devices

I save myself a lot of money, don’t subscribe to any music channel site and don’t need anything to do a minuscule task, whatever. If I want to hear or see something I am well able to do it myself. A useless, expensive peace of kit. If you didn’t have it, you wouldn’t notice, a fool and his money. I could have had one for free but declined..
Could have sold it for a profit Warren

Could have sold it for a profit Warren
I have always been too soft. Just watched the video, it’s quickers just to go to the switch nd turn it on. Mind you I do like the girl on You Tube who pushes this gear. The most difficult part is taking my eyes off her breasts. Her name is Cynthia just been substituted by two younger bits of stuff. Home automation if anyone is interested.

People too lazy to move their fingers on their phones. What a world we live in.

Some people don't have their phones constantly by them or are in a position to use them. You could say the same about loads of things really, just convenient for lots of things, not for solving massive issues.

Some people don't have their phones constantly by them or are in a position to use them. You could say the same about loads of things really, just convenient for lots of things, not for solving massive issues.
The one piece of tech I hate is the cell phone. When they first became popular, I had just started to use reading glasses. Answering the phone outside was a pain from the start. Put on glasses, press button, answer (bang) hit lamp post) phone. Caller had hung up by then. They send text, glasses broken, fuck it. Never liked cell phones, still use one, ten pounds pay as you go lasts me three years.

Google home mini supposed to have better sound. Or it did when i read the reviews before i bought one.

You can use the free version of Spotify with it or music backed up to google drive for free.
I used to repair home electronic gear including audio systems. I got to know the audiophiles, thet could always hear noises that I couldn’t. I used to take the back off, play around a little, say “How’s that?” They weren’t sure, “and that?” Mmm, “ and that” perfect came the reply. I hadn’t done a bloody thing. Back on, money away home. Customer says, “ It’s never been better.”

Last edited:
Got one last week for Christmas for my 7 year old so he can ask stupid nerdy questions to Alexa instead.

Alexa what's a glochid? Stop asking stupid questions and play on your bike :lol:.

It's very cheap and tinny. No worse than I'd expect but I couldn't listen to music through it and blue toothed it to my speakers.
The full size Echo is more than adequate for the price.
Also if someone is thinking of buying the full size one, the walnut finish is normally £10 more but is at the same reduced price of £54.99.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0751YTXC8/

The Gen3 Echo Dot isn't and has been £24.99 for a couple of weeks now.

Decent for the price like. £20 for a dot.

£5 more for the latest Gen and the speakers are far better.

6 week wait for a 3rd gen dot now from amazon. No stock in shops either.

Curry's/PC World have loads.

They kind of creep me out. I don't want to get into tinfoil hat territory, but knowing that it's basically listening to you at all times makes me uneasy.

That being said, I've seen it said that your phones are also doing that.

They kind of creep me out. I don't want to get into tinfoil hat territory, but knowing that it's basically listening to you at all times makes me uneasy.

That being said, I've seen it said that your phones are also doing that.

All these devices are constantly "listening". They have to be to work otherwise you'd always have to press a button on them, which makes them pointless.

Mind my iPhone the other day, decided to put a call on hold and dial someone else randomly from my contact list :lol:

I've found Siri to be the worse than Alexa for "doing" things without being asked.

All these devices are constantly "listening". They have to be to work otherwise you'd always have to press a button on them, which makes them pointless.

Mind my iPhone the other day, decided to put a call on hold and dial someone else randomly from my contact list :lol:

I've found Siri to be the worse than Alexa for "doing" things without being asked.

How so? I haven't used siri at all over the years, only for 5 minutes when it was first released and was a novelty.

I’m enjoying it, love the fact you can ask it the shit that you want to know (who sings this, who is in a certain film / program) as it is happening without having to get your phone out.

I’ve got a spot in the bedroom and living room and a show in the kitchen, but that’s more to do with the link to the Ring doorbell. Now that is a great piece of kit as I can answer the door while in Dublin and the missus is out walking the dogs.

We’ve got a plus in the kitchen and a dot in the bedroom connected to a play one, apart from music we use it loads for a shopping list that is linked to both phones. We’ve got a couple of hue light bulbs connected and sonoff connected for the outside garage lights. Sometimes it is easier to just the light switch on/off but it can be handy, like the outside garage lights. I couldn’t get a cable in the house for a switch so when I wanted the lights on I would have to go outside and in the garage, not anymore now I just tell Alexa.

If you want one just order from Amazon

It will be here before Christmas

A more cynical person would say they are just holdong back stock for when Cyber Monday ends and they can bump the price back up

Back