These alexa devices

What skills do people have set up on their Echos?
I've got the send me a sample one and getting loads of free stuff. Nothing expensive but stuff I would use. Today's was a Clif Bar.
Going to have a look today for a decent note taking skill.

Yeah, they're great.........

My 4 year old has perfected how to ask for Dumb Ways To Die and Baby Shark :evil:
Feel your pain on the baby shark one, as soon as my 3yr old gets in, he tells her to turn the lights on, change them to blue then play baby shark. Usually a few darts after that

Are they just a cheaper version of a bose/sonos speaker?

I've never really understood what they're for
They’re for Amazon to pick up loads of data from people on the cheap, with people thinking they’ve made a great purchase because they’re discounted heavily around Christmas.

Got the smaller one and linked it up to a Bluetooth speaker and love playing music from Spotify, but I’ve lost my speaker so thinking about getting the larger one with the integrated speaker for downstairs and moving the smaller one upstairs.

Daft stuff like weather forecasts, timers, doing google type searches I now take for granted.

The next step is to start getting some smart lighting for the house, has anyone used the Ikea own branded stuff for this?

End of an era for the humble light switch?

The bairn has asked for one for Christmas but was wondering if a Google home mini would be a better option as he already has a Google account. I’m guessing they’re pretty much the same as an Alexa Dot?

I save myself a lot of money, don’t subscribe to any music channel site and don’t need anything to do a minuscule task, whatever. If I want to hear or see something I am well able to do it myself. A useless, expensive peace of kit. If you didn’t have it, you wouldn’t notice, a fool and his money. I could have had one for free but declined..

I save myself a lot of money, don’t subscribe to any music channel site and don’t need anything to do a minuscule task, whatever. If I want to hear or see something I am well able to do it myself. A useless, expensive peace of kit. If you didn’t have it, you wouldn’t notice, a fool and his money. I could have had one for free but declined..
I feel the same about remote control tellies.

The bairn has asked for one for Christmas but was wondering if a Google home mini would be a better option as he already has a Google account. I’m guessing they’re pretty much the same as an Alexa Dot?
Google home mini supposed to have better sound. Or it did when i read the reviews before i bought one.

You can use the free version of Spotify with it or music backed up to google drive for free.

Back