These alexa devices

Are they just a cheaper version of a bose/sonos speaker?

I've never really understood what they're for
No, the speaker side of them is almost a minor thing. They are voice activated and can be used for everything from turning the lights on, getting information from the internet to turning the heating down.
Best way I can think to describe them is a voice activated remote control for everything including the internet.
Music wise you can just say what music or playlist you want and it will play. Something comes on that you don't like and you can tell it to skip to the next one etc. The quality of speaker is good with the bigger ones but won't compare to bose or sonos.
Admittedly I use mine mainly as a timer when something's in the oven and have a Spot in the bedroom as an alarm clock.:lol:

No, the speaker side of them is almost a minor thing. They are voice activated and can be used for everything from turning the lights on, getting information from the internet to turning the heating down.
Best way I can think to describe them is a voice activated remote control for everything including the internet.
Music wise you can just say what music or playlist you want and it will play. Something comes on that you don't like and you can tell it to skip to the next one etc. The quality of speaker is good with the bigger ones but won't compare to bose or sonos.
Admittedly I use mine mainly as a timer when something's in the oven and have a Spot in the bedroom as an alarm clock.:lol:
Ah ok i'm with you, cheers.

Don't think it would be much use to me, i'll stick my my old trusty Bose

Heard the sonos speakers are really good.
The sonos ones are great far superior sound but the mic for alexa is nowhere near as good as the mic on a proper echo. Also (I don't think) you can't change the wake word on the sonos from alexa whereas you can on the echo, to echo. Always feel like a tit saying alexa for some reason.

The sonos ones are great far superior sound but the mic for alexa is nowhere near as good as the mic on a proper echo. Also (I don't think) you can't change the wake word on the sonos from alexa whereas you can on the echo, to echo. Always feel like a tit saying alexa for some reason.
I had to set one up for my 80 year old neighbour and she kept saying 'Alexia'. Whenever I told her that she had to say 'Alexa' it would reply to tell me it didn't understand my request.:evil::lol:

Back