Them Vibropad Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a question for the lasses like, but do they work? Lass in work reckons she's lost a couple of inches round her waste.

Thing is, you never see them in normal gyms, but seem to be in lasses gyms, although I've saw footballers use them to aid recovery from injuries.

IIRC there was an experiment that used two groups of pigs. One was held in a normal pen, one in a pen in which the floor slightly vibrated. Dunno how long it went on for but I'd imagine a number of days/weeks/months. At the end, the pigs who had been on the vibrating floor had less fat, more muscle and a higher bone density than the control group.

I'm sure the science behind it makes sense and will eventually reach that conclusion but standing on one for 20 min every couple of days probably does fuck all for you. Gan for a run.

We got one one our our rigs gym, Never seen anyone on it.

Really cant see what standing on a vibrating plate can do for you.

They make your muscles twitch constantly when you're on them (as long as you turn them up enough) so they must be doing something. No substitute for doing some proper exercise though.

Call me a sceptic but anything to with health/fitness, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

Lonz said:
Call me a sceptic but anything to with health/fitness, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

This. However, my step mams sister was given one by the manufacturers and she swears by it.

I go three times a week to a class this is only exercise I do. Increased my muscle mass by over 50 per cent lost 4 inches off waist and a stone in weight. In six months. Class lasts 20 mins do various exercises while on the plate highly recommended.

dalsafc said:
I go three times a week to a class this is only exercise I do. Increased my muscle mass by over 50 per cent lost 4 inches off waist and a stone in weight. In six months. Class lasts 20 mins do various exercises while on the plate highly recommended.

50 per cent :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back