them long exposure pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I meant do you scan the negs or prints. I don't want to develop prints as it's a right clart on and I never got it right. I think I've got a negative lightbox jobbie for my scanner somewhere.
Oh aye, colour prints I couldn't be arsed with - especially from slide! :eek: B&W aint so bad but I still scan everything purely as backup if nothing else.

taking the hot pixels out is pretty easy in lightroom if you can get a hold of a copy, works pretty well at cleaning up noise too.

yes, if you turn on in camera noise reduction on the sony's it double the exposure time kinda, well say you take a 60 second shot and then you have to wait another 60 seconds for it to show up on the viewer.

i used to get loads of hot pixels on my sony a200, dont get any on my newer a500 though, huge improvement :)

how would you do that mate? use one of the spot healing brushes?

how would you do that mate? use one of the spot healing brushes?

Healing brush or clone tool would work. The best way is to subtract a dark frame: if you shoot say a 1 minute exposure at ISO400, then take a 1 minute ISO400 shot with the lens cap on, then subtract it from your image in Photoshop.

Healing brush or clone tool would work. The best way is to subtract a dark frame: if you shoot say a 1 minute exposure at ISO400, then take a 1 minute ISO400 shot with the lens cap on, then subtract it from your image in Photoshop.

great idea, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back