"Their players started arguing"

I dinnar like - they had about 65% of the ball first half. We had one half decent chance where Ozturk (IIRC) probably should have scored but apart from that I don't think we were very clever first half. Big improvement second half though.

They'd have been decent value for a point if it hadn't been for Gooch.
I'm not sure I see that. Ozturk's two gilt-edged chances, the one cleared off the line (twice), O'Nien's free header at the back stick and the save from Maguire's freekick all could/should have been goals on another day. I can think of one shot they had across the face of goal in the first half and a shot in the second which was straight down McLaughlin's throat, otherwise I can't remember him being troubled.

I thought they looked a decent outfit lacking a cutting edge. If Gilbey hadn't dropped out at the last minute for them then I think they may have had a better chance of converting their dominance in possession into more chances.

I'm not sure I see that. Ozturk's two gilt-edged chances, the one cleared off the line (twice), O'Nien's free header at the back stick and the save from Maguire's freekick all could/should have been goals on another day. I can think of one shot they had across the face of goal in the first half and a shot in the second which was straight down McLaughlin's throat, otherwise I can't remember him being troubled.

I thought they looked a decent outfit lacking a cutting edge. If Gilbey hadn't dropped out at the last minute for them then I think they may have had a better chance of converting their dominance in possession into more chances.
It's just Chris being his negative self mate. The git whinge bag.

Fair point, but their lads were there for those clearances, and it's up to us to put chances away. Maybe they did lack cutting edge yet they had as many opportunities as us, but they were either off target or we got blocks in.
It's just Chris being his negative self mate. The git whinge bag.
Gerraway man ya sackless get. We were disappointing in a poor first half, and much better in the second. Until Gooch's goal though I could have easily seen them nicking it had they had anything more about - they still had decent chance at the death but put it wide.

Last edited:
Fair point, but their lads were there for those clearances, and it's up to us to put chances away. Maybe they did lack cutting edge yet they had as many opportunities as us, but they were either off target or we got blocks in.

Gerraway man ya sackless get. We were disappointing in a poor first half, and much better in the second. Until Gooch's goal though I could have easily seen them nicking it had they had anything more about - they still had decent chance at the death but put it wide.
It's mental that you are saying that they had as many chances as we had when it's so easy to prove that isn't the case. Just watch the highlights again man. :lol:

Shows they care, been waiting for the team to behave like that. Better than walking in at half time not giving a shit.
I would say they should wait until they are in the dressing room before saying anything to each other.

Unless.... it is all part of the Parkinson plan, bit of kidology to lure the opposition into thinking we are in turmoil

They controlled absolutely nothing in the first half :lol:. They had more Posession, hardly controlling a game. We were the better team on the day and created far more than they did.

Thats the very definition of controlling a game. They did well first half, but then didn’t keep it up and we were significantly better than them second half.

Nothing wrong with arguing when you play shit - I’d rather they argued then started talking each other up. And it clearly had an impact as they were much better second half

Thats the very definition of controlling a game. They did well first half, but then didn’t keep it up and we were significantly better than them second half.
Not for me it's not. If you sit deep, let the opposition have all the possession but govern where they can and can't go with it with your shape and pressing, prevent them any chances and hit them on the break then I would say that's controlling the game despite not having possession. I don't think that's what we did first half mind.

Good. They needed to show a bit of passion after being completely neutered in the first half, did, and it was successful.

Nothing wrong with arguing when you play shit - I’d rather they argued then started talking each other up. And it clearly had an impact as they were much better second half

By having a hold of the ball you control the game? Okay well if that's controlling a game, then we have nowt to fear.

Not for me it's not. If you sit deep, let the opposition have all the possession but govern where they can and can't go with it with your shape and pressing, prevent them any chances and hit them on the break then I would say that's controlling the game despite not having possession. I don't think that's what we did first half mind.
:lol: :lol: 🤦‍♂️

I've missed something there marra?
You gave one definition of controlling a game, and then acknowledged that we didn't even we do that. I just found it amusing.
Would have been canny gutted to not win. 2 goal line clearances, 2 Ozturk sitters and a good O'Nien chance. Keep it up lads!
I'd have been disappointed like. It was looking like one of those days. Slow/poor start after a good win last week, and not taking our chances. It's not as if we haven't seen those games before. Fortunately we did enough in the end.

Last edited:

Back