The World at War.....

There are a couple, but it has to be said that it was brilliant.
I think what makes this so fascinating is that there`s key people involved in the war taking part including Karl Donitz and Albert Speer who were at the heart of the German war machine, Trudi Junge who was in Hitler`s bunker, Karl Wolff - Himmler`s right hand man, Fuchida from the Japanese Navy who was involved in the bombing of Pear Harbour, Bomber Harris from Bomber Command, Paul Tibbet`s who flew Enola Gay that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima as well as several British, American and German generals and officers.

As a historical document few have come close.

Full series is on the UKTV play app. Greatest TV series ever made imho....

Might relieve boredom for some.
Amazing documentary!!

Watched this the other day, it is fascinating and really interesting to watch. But also some very sad and harrowing content and personal stories about the war crimes committed against the Jews in the Jewish ghettos and concentration camps.

Full series is on the UKTV play app. Greatest TV series ever made imho....

Might relieve boredom for some.
It is very good but a lot of the Ken Burns stuff ( the war, civil war, Vietnam) is at least equally as good .
PBS are also running " the great war " at 9.40 most nights. Fantastic for those interested in that conflict .
PBS are currently showing WW1 series and are about to start showing Vietnam series from next Monday onwards. Not sure if it's the Ken Burns one.
Sorry to SEB . Ww1 doc is fantastic , lots of rare footage . Verdun last night had some stuff I had never seen from the battlefield

Last edited:
It is very good but a lot of the Ken Burns stuff ( the war, civil war, Vietnam) is at least equally as good .
PBS are also running " the great war " at 9.40 most nights. Fantastic for those interested in that conflict .

Sorry to SEB . Ww1 doc is fantastic , lots of rare footage . Verdun last night had some stuff I had never seen from the battlefield
It's a Ch4 co-production from 2003. Don't think I've ever heard of it before.

Back