The 'Working Christmas' Roll Call

I'm working an extra 2/3 days over the Christmas period, but I'm getting well paid for it (203%) of my hourly rate plus £110 per day bonus, added to the fact I broke up for Christmas on the 13th December, and I'm not due back until the 7th of January, apart from my extra days in between, whats not to like? Luckily I'm only working on the 27th,29th and the 30th so I'm not missing the important days.

For all I am sitting here in the Spanish Sun with a glass of vino and a lovely señorita,

I honestly and truly miss working at Christmas.

Sitting on a straw bale in the cow byre watching the cows contentedly munching away at their special Christmas rations or out in the fields feeding the sheep.

For all it was much like daily routine, it had a very special atmosphere and feel about it at Christmas.

I thought of a line for a play when I was in Sainsbury's and wrote it down when I got home so technically I've done some work.
Also did some social media 'work' this morning.
I'm now thinking about having some cheese and biscuits.

In now til 1.30 ,back thurs friday.Driving tomora and boxing day so not much beer,not too bothered,have the Life of riley all year anyway

Back