The word 'Curate'

People saying that their new single has 'dropped' - fuck off man

All of a sudden everything drops rather than being released.

Almost as embarrassing as people saying that they 'reached out' to someone. Nah mate you messaged them on Snapchat.

Yes. That sounds f***ing careless.

"He's just dropped his latest album."
Well that was clever wasn't it.
Probably smashed it.
Dick.

Bit classist that. Poor and common people like paintings too.
They do, but it's largely seen as a posh persons preserve. I just see no reason why curate should be more apt to describe putting together an art exhibition than it is to describe putting together a music play list. Select stuff, organise it. I'm going to go home and curate my tea now, I'll select stuff and organise it on me plate

They do, but it's largely seen as a posh persons preserve. I just see no reason why curate should be more apt to describe putting together an art exhibition than it is to describe putting together a music play list. Select stuff, organise it. I'm going to go home and curate my tea now, I'll select stuff and organise it on me plate
Or you could just be throwing your tea together.

'Eclectic' is the worst word ever. Young people seemed to discover it 10 years or so ago and now cant stop using it to describe things that are absolutely not eclectic, but they think using the word gives them some kind of credibility. The worst is when some absolute helmet uses it to describe their music tastes, then goes on to list ever so slightly different sub genres of guitar music.

'What music you into?'

'Oh my tastes are so eclectic, pretty much anything'

'Like what?'

'Oh you know, rock, indie, emo, metal. Yeah, pretty much anything really'

'😐'

Last edited:
Is their currently a more pretentious word than this?

I've seen it used regularly with music 'we'll curate a playlist for you' and today I've seen it in a press release from Sky about two new TV channels promising to 'curate the best of Sky'.

Just stop it, please.
Honestly is used far more without an ounce of it in

People saying that their new single has 'dropped' - fuck off man

All of a sudden everything drops rather than being released.

Almost as embarrassing as people saying that they 'reached out' to someone. Nah mate you messaged them on Snapchat.

I know people hate a lot of the management speak like "reach out, touch base" and other Depeche Mode lyrics. But in a work setting there are times when some micro-managing, interfering arsehole needs to fuck off and let you get on with the job and you're not allowed to say that to them, so you say you're going to reach out, liaise, take it offline and drill down, so they will fuck off and let you get on with the job.

I know people hate a lot of the management speak like "reach out, touch base" and other Depeche Mode lyrics. But in a work setting there are times when some micro-managing, interfering arsehole needs to fuck off and let you get on with the job and you're not allowed to say that to them, so you say you're going to reach out, liaise, take it offline and drill down, so they will fuck off and let you get on with the job.
Let me pivot on that for a moment and we can touch base again soon.

Back