The word 'Curate'

Is their currently a more pretentious word than this?

I've seen it used regularly with music 'we'll curate a playlist for you' and today I've seen it in a press release from Sky about two new TV channels promising to 'curate the best of Sky'.

Just stop it, please.
of course it can be used in a religious context - is that ok for you?

@Brian Griffin

In a slightly similar vein, I was reading online the other day that Ed Sheeran* has apparently stolen The Weeknd's 'aesthetic'.

*I was doing some diggin' trying to work out who he'd ripped off for his latest record. Get The Party Started by Pink was the melody that had been bugging me, but as it turns out he'd managed to rip another couple of records off at the same time.

In a slightly similar vein, I was reading online the other day that Ed Sheeran* has apparently stolen The Weeknd's 'aesthetic'.

*I was doing some diggin' trying to work out who he'd ripped off for his latest record. Get The Party Started by Pink was the melody that had been bugging me, but as it turns out he'd managed to rip another couple of records off at the same time.

Mrs K thought it was that, but I'm sure it was a dance song from the 90s. I still can't remember what it is.

I'd never have remembered.
It's this. 1984. Oops.

Last edited:
Mrs K thought it was that, but I'm sure it was a dance song from the 90s. I still can't remember what it is.

I'd never have remembered.
It's this. 1984. Oops.

Aye that's what google telt is, and apparently that song (which I can't now recall) sampled the Bronski song.

He's always been a little rip off merchant.

The vocal melody's def lifted from Pink.

Aye that's what google telt is, and apparently that song (which I can't now recall) sampled the Bronski song.

He's always been a little rip off merchant.

The vocal melody's def lifted from Pink.

I don't think I've noticed any other songs he's used or come close to using.
It'll be a bit like Coldplay when someone tried to sue them for a song that sounded like theirs.

There's only so many combinations of notes and melodies. That's why Mashups happen - and when done right (in my opinion) can sound class

Back