The Witcher remake

Only a few hundred hours left marra.
That’s what I suspected. Even after getting this ‘far’ the story telling is class.

Might be addicted to Gwent already.

Is the best way to level up just through completion of the quests?

Edit: just noticed there’s a Gwent game app!

Last edited:

Right, I’m off work for Christmas and going to give this a good go. Looks like it could easily be a spare fine destroyer like. I’ve made it as far as the inn at White Orchard and spent f***ing ages playing the scholar at Gwent before sparking a few radgies outside.

I take it there’s a bit to do after that? 😂

To say they least. You're basically still in the tutorial.
That’s what I suspected. Even after getting this ‘far’ the story telling is class.

Gwent got a standalone game which was on all platforms but I think only PC now. The game was changed and made more complicated compared to the one in the Witcher 3.

Levelling up with side and main quests will easily keep you ready for the net battles. Check the noticeboards in the townsTBH you can go after enemies a few levels above you if you're not on the hardest difficulty.

Last edited:
To say they least. You're basically still in the tutorial.

Gwent got a standalone game which was on all platforms but I think only PC now. The game was changed and made more complicated compared to the one in the Witcher 3.

Levelling up with side and main quests will easily keep you ready for the net battles. Check the noticeboards in the townsTBH you can go after enemies a few levels above you if you're not on the hardest difficulty.
Cheers mate. I’ll have a look at the PC version. Basically, I’ve got absolutely no idea at all yet but think I’m excellent at it having beaten the scholar in the inn 3 in a row. 😂

Cheers mate. I’ll have a look at the PC version. Basically, I’ve got absolutely no idea at all yet but think I’m excellent at it having beaten the scholar in the inn 3 in a row. 😂

Gwent is a game within a game throughout the game. As with general progression of your character in a game by upping stats and completing tasks you will do the same with Gwent by doing various things. I won't spoil what.

My greatest 'achievement' in the game from memory was the trophy where you have to win by nearly 200 points in a Gwent game. It's in the Hearts of Stone expansion, but I didn't even have that so felt invincible as I beat it by a lot more 😆

Anyone who has played CCG like MtG should find in game Gwent fairly simple. They mostly come down to numerical card advantage and Gwent is the same.

My greatest 'achievement' in the game from memory was the trophy where you have to win by nearly 200 points in a Gwent game. It's in the Hearts of Stone expansion, but I didn't even have that so felt invincible as I beat it by a lot more 😆

Anyone who has played CCG like MtG should find in game Gwent fairly simple. They mostly come down to numerical card advantage and Gwent is the same.

200 points???

I was delighted this morning when I beat the scholar in White Orchard by 5. 😂

Hearts of Stone if you do a good amount of the main game first (side quests, activities, main guest) is probably 100+ hours away so you'll learn the game a bit by then
It's achievable to be thrashing opponents well before that though if you play a reasonable amount of Gwent. The only ones I had any challenge with were in a tournament when I had suspiciously dire draws 😆

It's achievable to be thrashing opponents well before that though if you play a reasonable amount of Gwent. The only ones I had any challenge with were in a tournament when I had suspiciously dire draws 😆

I'm aware of that I was just referencing Hearts of Stone as you mentioned the trophy requirement.

I had a mint deck by the tournament but still saved it before each round just in case. I believe I had to replay the semi final.

Once you're so far into the game question marks will appear allover the map. Investigate them and you will find enemies to fight and treasure etc. Good way to level up and get upgraded gear.

Absolutely loving playing this through again. Have got to Novigrad now but going back trying to complete all the quests for my recommended level in Velen (Level 14 at the moment) before I crack into Novigrad properly. Seem to remember not enjoying Novigrad so much as its just lots of running back and forth through the city.

I never played either DLC back when it first came out, does anyone know if they're included in the PS5 remake or if I'd need to buy them?

Absolutely loving playing this through again. Have got to Novigrad now but going back trying to complete all the quests for my recommended level in Velen (Level 14 at the moment) before I crack into Novigrad properly. Seem to remember not enjoying Novigrad so much as its just lots of running back and forth through the city.

I never played either DLC back when it first came out, does anyone know if they're included in the PS5 remake or if I'd need to buy them?

Included. The upgrade is basically the game of the year edition

One of the best games I’ve ever played. Probably mentioned this before but I got it and completed it back in 2015 on the Xbox and then bought it and completed it again when it came out on the Switch in about 2019 I think.

was going to attempt the platinum on the remaster. Just the death march trophy to do. Going to have to concede I think. While I’m certain I’d get it, I’m getting two shot killed by a random dog in White Orchard (new game plus) and I reckon if I’m resorting to using oils and potions against the most basic enemies it’ll be another 200 hour stretch

was going to attempt the platinum on the remaster. Just the death march trophy to do. Going to have to concede I think. While I’m certain I’d get it, I’m getting two shot killed by a random dog in White Orchard (new game plus) and I reckon if I’m resorting to using oils and potions against the most basic enemies it’ll be another 200 hour stretch
I couldn't get past the first fight after talking to Vesimir after you've had the dream about training at the start. I turned it off and will just go back at some point on normal for the story

Back