The Witcher remake

Released tomorrow. Getting very positive reviews.

I’m one of the ‘never got into it’ brigade. I’m going to give it a good go on the PS5 given the love it gets on here and everywhere else.

Released tomorrow. Getting very positive reviews.

I’m one of the ‘never got into it’ brigade. I’m going to give it a good go on the PS5 given the love it gets on here and everywhere else.

Can't wait me. Gona hammer it over the xmas break. Barely touched the Blood and Wine expansion and interested in making some different choices to see what ending I'll get. I'll probably somehow make the same choices by accident and get the same though.

I could never get away with it.
Tried it twice and just couldn’t get into it.
Which is mad considering I love RPG games, Skyrim etc.

It just seemed too ‘big’ if you know what I mean. Like overwhelmingly huge.

I could never get away with it.
Tried it twice and just couldn’t get into it.
Which is mad considering I love RPG games, Skyrim etc.

It just seemed too ‘big’ if you know what I mean. Like overwhelmingly huge.
Same for me. Maybe the issue is that I rarely have a multi hour slot where I can sink time into gaming and this demands it. I'm to give it a real go given the universal love it gets now that there is a PS5 version.

Looks great. I know I shouldn't play it again but doubt I'll be able to resist.

I've only played through it once. It's on the download now.

Will play the 60fps mode I reckon.
Same for me. Maybe the issue is that I rarely have a multi hour slot where I can sink time into gaming and this demands it. I'm to give it a real go given the universal love it gets now that there is a PS5 version.

Its definitely a game that needs a lot of your time.

I think to mainline its only about 25 hours for the main game but its virtually impossible not to get side tracked into the lengthy and vast amount of side quests.

Last edited:
Finished White Orchard

The frame rate increase makes a massive difference

Great that this is free with extra content while Naughty Dog charging £60 for TLOU remake with less content

Finished White Orchard

Great that this is free with extra content while Naughty Dog charging £60 for TLOU remake with less content

I've got the expansions downloading now. I wonder how early in game they can be accessed.
Finished White Orchard

Any idea if the extra quests that were added after release are automatically in the game? I've noticed I can still download them all as ps4 content and can't find anywhere online where is states these are now rolled into the ps5 update automatically.

Last edited:
I've got the expansions downloading now. I wonder how early in game they can be accessed.

Any idea if the extra quests that were added after release are automatically in the game? I've noticed I can still download them all as ps4 content and can't find anywhere online where is states these are now rolled into the ps5 update automatically.

I believe level 30 for the DLC. Though I’d recommend blood and wine after the main game

I’ve not encountered any new quests yet

Finished White Orchard

I reckon they've done this for nowt partly to repair their reputation aft er the shambles that the cyberpunk launch was.

I believe level 30 for the DLC. Though I’d recommend blood and wine after the main game

I’ve not encountered any new quests yet

I mean they added some quests and dlc for free outside of the expansions. I.e some short quests then stuff like free cosmetic changes and appearance mods one could download and install. I'm wondering if they are just in the upgrade automatically as I can still download the ps4 files on psn.

Example of add on quest I can still download as a ps4 file.

I reckon they've done this for nowt partly to repair their reputation aft er the shambles that the cyberpunk launch was.

That's definitely part of it, although they were pretty decent with dlc and having extras in the box (map, soundtrack) on release.

Last edited:
Trying to start this on Death March and I can't even get past the first bunch of ghouls. Think I've killed one of them in 3 goes. I doubt I'll be able to hack this much longer before putting it on a lower setting.

Trying to start this on Death March and I can't even get past the first bunch of ghouls. Think I've killed one of them in 3 goes. I doubt I'll be able to hack this much longer before putting it on a lower setting.
I'm just playing it on the second easiest setting. Still getting nacked quite often.

I'm just playing it on the second easiest setting. Still getting nacked quite often.

I think I played it on the one under Death March originally. Online people seem to suggest playing on the hardest as you have to properly use potions and spells to beat opponents rather than spamming the sword, so I was trying that. Maybe that's just too hardcore for me who's generally more into the story and doing weird side quests, oh and playing Gwent.

I think I played it on the one under Death March originally. Online people seem to suggest playing on the hardest as you have to properly use potions and spells to beat opponents rather than spamming the sword, so I was trying that. Maybe that's just too hardcore for me who's generally more into the story and doing weird side quests, oh and playing Gwent.
At 45 I’m at the point of unashamedly playing any adventure game on story mode setting. I’ve got nothing to prove anymore and I don’t pay £60 to have a game make me rage.

Right, I’m off work for Christmas and going to give this a good go. Looks like it could easily be a spare fine destroyer like. I’ve made it as far as the inn at White Orchard and spent f***ing ages playing the scholar at Gwent before sparking a few radgies outside.

I take it there’s a bit to do after that? 😂

Right, I’m off work for Christmas and going to give this a good go. Looks like it could easily be a spare fine destroyer like. I’ve made it as far as the inn at White Orchard and spent f***ing ages playing the scholar at Gwent before sparking a few radgies outside.

I take it there’s a bit to do after that? 😂
Only a few hundred hours left marra.

Back