The Witcher 3

Can you play the expansions without completing the end boss, I bought them but have never tried? I still haven't completed it. I was found wanting slightly so will have to revert back to free roaming and do side missions etc. I haven't touched it for nearly a year. What a game though.

Ok so this has sat in my collection since buying it the weekend it came out... was too intimidated in starting it for obvious reasons. Decided to give it a go yesterday, I ploughed 14 hours into it :lol: f***ing knackered today but Jesus after a slow start did it not get good!!! :D

Ok so this has sat in my collection since buying it the weekend it came out... was too intimidated in starting it for obvious reasons. Decided to give it a go yesterday, I ploughed 14 hours into it :lol: f***ing knackered today but Jesus after a slow start did it not get good!!! :D
The pace never lets up and there is just so much to do and places to explore. Then once you'e finished the main game you still have 2 huge expansions to get through.

The pace never lets up and there is just so much to do and places to explore. Then once you'e finished the main game you still have 2 huge expansions to get through.

Need to level up before going to kill the witches with the baron. Best way just taking the monster contracts or killing and looting wildlife? Did all thelevel two noticeboard stuff from the first map :lol:

Can you play the expansions without completing the end boss, I bought them but have never tried? I still haven't completed it. I was found wanting slightly so will have to revert back to free roaming and do side missions etc. I haven't touched it for nearly a year. What a game though.

If you do the story you need to kill the end boss. If you just want to wander around you will be fine. End boss where you have to fight a room full of the same bloke is rock hard. Can't remember if thats the blood and wine pack or the other one though.

Sounds like I'm in a similar position to you. Downloaded the GOTY edition the other week for £13.99 and have got round to it over the last week. Level 5 as spent a shit load of time just doing nowt really. Edit: by nowt I mean side quests etc. Just about to go see the baron now, went to try and kill the werewolf thing nearby but it's all but laughing at me :lol:

Class game so far, loving it.

Sounds like I'm in a similar position to you. Downloaded the GOTY edition the other week for £13.99 and have got round to it over the last week. Level 5 as spent a shit load of time just doing nowt really. Edit: by nowt I mean side quests etc. Just about to go see the baron now, went to try and kill the werewolf thing nearby but it's all but laughing at me :lol:

Class game so far, loving it.

Level 11 and I’ve shagged a witch :cool::lol:

If you do the story you need to kill the end boss. If you just want to wander around you will be fine. End boss where you have to fight a room full of the same bloke is rock hard. Can't remember if thats the blood and wine pack or the other one though.

Blood and wine end boss is hard, he has a couple of moves in his second phase which are effectively one hit kills and I struggled so much I put it to one side a couple of weeks ago. Need to get back and finish it. 170+ hours I think and I’m not giving up til I beat him.

Got the GOTY edition downloading now like Skyrim had it before and tried to rush it going to play loads of side stories before hitting main parts of this

Pisses all owa skyrim imo
I put a lot of time into Skyrim - not sure it was worth it tbh. Put it this way, I never bothered with the expansions.

Can I play this without having played the first 2 though? I'm worried I'll have no idea what's going on?

I put a lot of time into Skyrim - not sure it was worth it tbh. Put it this way, I never bothered with the expansions.

Can I play this without having played the first 2 though? I'm worried I'll have no idea what's going on?

Never played the first 2 and 3 is my favourite game ever. Its huge. It does take a bit of time to get in to. Took me two attempts.

DLC is just as good as the main game

If anyone is interested, the Witcher books are really worth a read. I've read 3 so far (The Last Wish, Sword of Destiny and Time of Contempt) and all 4 are really good. Can pick them up fairly cheap too.

I've got beyond where i got initially before my save went and i've came to a realisation, once i finish this game and do the DLC, nothing is going to come close, some will be within touching difference, but in terms of setting a standard, this is going to be almost impossible to surpass, simply put the best game i've ever played.

The amount of time put into developing personalities and fleshing out basic characters is on a vaster scale than most games do, everything is a dilemma, everything leaves you thinking, it's a weird game because its not grim and desolate in colour, very vibrant colours and it leaves the Characters and even NPCs to give you a sense of how desperate a situation the world is in.

It doesn't hold your hand and tell you who's good and bad, there's no definition or scale of just how good/evil someone or a specific army is, everyone is as bad as the other and it's left to you to determine morality.
Also fuck Radovid.

As i say, this is going to be a hard act to follow.

I've got beyond where i got initially before my save went and i've came to a realisation, once i finish this game and do the DLC, nothing is going to come close, some will be within touching difference, but in terms of setting a standard, this is going to be almost impossible to surpass, simply put the best game i've ever played.

The amount of time put into developing personalities and fleshing out basic characters is on a vaster scale than most games do, everything is a dilemma, everything leaves you thinking, it's a weird game because its not grim and desolate in colour, very vibrant colours and it leaves the Characters and even NPCs to give you a sense of how desperate a situation the world is in.

It doesn't hold your hand and tell you who's good and bad, there's no definition or scale of just how good/evil someone or a specific army is, everyone is as bad as the other and it's left to you to determine morality.
Also fuck Radovid.

As i say, this is going to be a hard act to follow.

Where are you up to and have you done any of the DLC yet?

I was absolutely devestated when I finished blood and wine. Not because it was disappointing, it was absolutely phenomenal, but because I knew nothing would ever come close to it.

Think my clock was at around 140 hours when I finished it. 45 hours more than it took me to get every achievement on a play through on Skyrim. Not bad when you consider the witcher doesn't have any repeatable quest lines like skyrim

Where are you up to and have you done any of the DLC yet?

I was absolutely devestated when I finished blood and wine. Not because it was disappointing, it was absolutely phenomenal, but because I knew nothing would ever come close to it.

Think my clock was at around 140 hours when I finished it. 45 hours more than it took me to get every achievement on a play through on Skyrim. Not bad when you consider the witcher doesn't have any repeatable quest lines like skyrim
Barely touched the main quest and at 57 hours just uncovering the map, searching for Dandelion and did the vegelbud masquerade ball, havent touched the DLC, only own the base game and will get the DLCs when i finish, if just to prolong it.

Still loads to explore in Velen/Novigrad so going to finish this map then move to skellige which ive already paid the 1k to go to.

Just mopping up the Gwent players in this area then moving on, only 4 left iirc

Barely touched the main quest and at 57 hours just uncovering the map, searching for Dandelion and did the vegelbud masquerade ball, havent touched the DLC, only own the base game and will get the DLCs when i finish, if just to prolong it.

Still loads to explore in Velen/Novigrad so going to finish this map then move to skellige which ive already paid the 1k to go to.

Just mopping up the Gwent players in this area then moving on, only 4 left iirc

Gwent is absolutely tremendous :lol:

Definitely get the DLC. Hearts of stone is canny and blood and wine is better than 90% of full games.

If you haven't already make sure you install all the free DLC. Couple of decent quests and gear in it

Back