The Witcher 3

Philistine - the Gwent stuff is superb! Also, combat tricky to master? f***ing mash the buttons man!

I read this thread whilst it was installing. I ran into the problem others did in that I played the tutorial game, won the first round, thought 'oooh I get this!', and then lost the next two as I had nee cards left despite us both playing the same amount. Fuck that, apparently you can shag witches, so off I went on my spasticated horse hoping to see some tits instead of trying to understand it.

Today I saw a witches booby in a bath :cool:

I read this thread whilst it was installing. I ran into the problem others did in that I played the tutorial game, won the first round, thought 'oooh I get this!', and then lost the next two as I had nee cards left despite us both playing the same amount. Fuck that, apparently you can shag witches, so off I went on my spasticated horse hoping to see some tits instead of trying to understand it.

Today I saw a witches booby in a bath :cool:

Just wait till November and those titties and the rest will be in glorious 4k.

Anyone got any top tips for this picked it up ages ago on sale in the ps store and haven't played it yet. Gonna dive in tonight as I have a fortnight off work :cool:

Anyone got any top tips for this picked it up ages ago on sale in the ps store and haven't played it yet. Gonna dive in tonight as I have a fortnight off work :cool:

Take an extra two weeks off. That should give you enough time to get through the first part of the game

Just sit back and enjoy it, easily one of the best games I've ever played, loved every moment of it.

Just sit back and enjoy it, easily one of the best games I've ever played, loved every moment of it.
Just getting used to it a lot more mechanics to the game to previous stuff I've played. Just cutting about white orchard doing side quests at the minute

Done everything in white orchard I could find bar some nasty bastards at the bottom of the river near the camp. Will come back later and fuck them up. Think I'm addicted already like. Crafting system takes some getting used to mind.

Last edited:
Well after two weeks and a silly amount of hours, I've just left the Velem/Novagrad map for the Skellege Isles.
The combat has grown on me after levelling up and getting decent weapons.
The horse is still shite and I prefer just running around instead of bothering with the stupid beast.
Haven't bothered with Gwent at all.
I think there must be some dlc content in Velem as there's an awful lot of level 35 bastards to the north and east of the map, which were the only things I couldn't do as I'm only 21.

It's probably the best game I've ever played.

Well after two weeks and a silly amount of hours, I've just left the Velem/Novagrad map for the Skellege Isles.
The combat has grown on me after levelling up and getting decent weapons.
The horse is still shite and I prefer just running around instead of bothering with the stupid beast.
Haven't bothered with Gwent at all.
I think there must be some dlc content in Velem as there's an awful lot of level 35 bastards to the north and east of the map, which were the only things I couldn't do as I'm only 21.

It's probably the best game I've ever played.

Hearts and stone DLC takes place in the north east of Velen. Would advise finishing the main game before starting the DLC

Had a few games on the Gwent beta yesterday and it was brilliant, can see me getting the full release when it's out. Felt weird with the new cards and abilities like, think it would of been too much to take in if I hadn't of played quite a lot of Gwent in the Witcher 3

I bought this in the Steam sale the other night after hearing all of the hype and started playing it this afternoon. Maybe I just need to keep on playing it for it to grow on me. I was expecting something like Skyrim which I love.

I bought this in the Steam sale the other night after hearing all of the hype and started playing it this afternoon. Maybe I just need to keep on playing it for it to grow on me. I was expecting something like Skyrim which I love.

It will grow on you once you understand what's going on and the combat system. Took me 3 goes to get in to it. Best game ever

I've just started it like took me a few hours to start to get to grips with the combat and menus. Absolutely in love with it now and only level 13 in Velen. The world is huge the combat is so much more satisfying than sky rim still getting used to the crafting and potions.

Been playing it for a few hours, did a couple of side quests and I'm now doing the first main quest, locating some people to speak to them.

It's starting to grow on me, I'm still only level 1 though and still getting to grips.

I guess there's other worlds? I managed to end up at the edge of the map I'm on now, and it turned me back.

Been playing it for a few hours, did a couple of side quests and I'm now doing the first main quest, locating some people to speak to them.

It's starting to grow on me, I'm still only level 1 though and still getting to grips.

I guess there's other worlds? I managed to end up at the edge of the map I'm on now, and it turned me back.
That map is tiny compared to the next part think there are two more after that too the world is huge.

Back