The Witcher 3

I got this when I first came out. I didn't get very far though before I gave up on it, I definitely gave up on it to easy like as it seemed a great game. I still have it on my hard drive but just wondering if it's worth getting the goty edition and getting back into? Or just sticking with the original version I already have?

the two main dlc add ons are really good imo, I've paid more for a full game and got less content.

I started this ages ago but haven't played for probably about 9-10 months. Is there a recommended way to start - side quests, discovering areas etc before jumping into the harder, storyline quests? I only got up to around level 3 so I'm only a couple of hours in.

footnote to buying from GOG

if you have the steam version of witcher 3 you can only buy the expansion pass from steam it seems

GOG I think is owned by cd project themselves, so I was happy to go straight to them..they have their own games library style software like steam

I started this ages ago but haven't played for probably about 9-10 months. Is there a recommended way to start - side quests, discovering areas etc before jumping into the harder, storyline quests? I only got up to around level 3 so I'm only a couple of hours in.

Took me a couple of goes to get in to it like.

Phenomenal game once you know what you're doing

Took me a couple of goes to get in to it like.

Phenomenal game once you know what you're doing
Any tips for (pretty much) starting out? I remember meeting some army bloke (maybe it was a woman) and getting a quest from them, but beyond that I can't really remember anything.

Last edited:
Any tips for (pretty much) starting out?

Hit the notice boards first then go to all the question marks on the map before rushing through the missions. More question marks you get to the more "treasure quests" you'll unlock which leads to better gear. Use the suggested levels when deciding which quests to do early on

Hit the notice boards first then go to all the question marks on the map before rushing through the missions. More question marks you get to the more "treasure quests" you'll unlock which leads to better gear. Use the suggested levels when deciding which quests to do early on
Thanks. Will hopefully pick it up again over the next few days.

I have some quests about 20 levels higher than I am at the moment

as soon as you get out of white orchard the whole world opens up and its seems so daunting!! so many message boards, so many quests and contracts!! and thats before you even set foot in either of the cities!!

and then theres skelligae and the expansions..my brain hurts thinking about it all

I have some quests about 20 levels higher than I am at the moment

as soon as you get out of white orchard the whole world opens up and its seems so daunting!! so many message boards, so many quests and contracts!! and thats before you even set foot in either of the cities!!

and then theres skelligae and the expansions..my brain hurts thinking about it all

:lol:

One step at a time. Don't even think about Skellige until you've ran out of Velen quests and I personally wouldn't touch the expansions until you've finished the main story (they're quite easy to see which ones they are)

I would just hit all the notice boards first and play quests at your level. I also went for the question marks although there's loads I had to come back to later

its also nails! I spend so much time dodging and rolling about!! and thats on default difficulty, it must be a horror show on higher difficulty levels

its also nails! I spend so much time dodging and rolling about!! and thats on default difficulty, it must be a horror show on higher difficulty levels
Playing on death march, it's bloody hard so far. Played about 4 hours and only caught the blacksmiths arsonist and cleansed the well. Died shit loads, a wolf dragged me off my horse and chowed down and some watery things scratched me to death when mooching next to the village. Having to save every five minutes so I don't lose my 'progress' :lol:

Getting right into this but it's confusing as feck, do I pick everything from the notice boards or only contracts, and how do I activate them? I've read everything in my inventory but my quests are empty apart from the main griffin one atm, only level 2 so don't know if it's a good idea to do it yet?

What's with his glass ankles as well? He crumbles jumping off a step

Getting right into this but it's confusing as feck, do I pick everything from the notice boards or only contracts, and how do I activate them? I've read everything in my inventory but my quests are empty apart from the main griffin one atm, only level 2 so don't know if it's a good idea to do it yet?

What's with his glass ankles as well? He crumbles jumping off a step
If you roll when you land it does no damage.

I read the board and only got two mission from the 8 up there. Think you need to speak to people too for side missions

Last edited:
Reading through this has persuaded me to give this a go again. I got it when it was first released. I can remember doing the Blacksmith arsonist quest and getting killed lots off the Griffin before defeating it. I can then vaguely remember something about fighting some creatures in a swamp and going to a sort of castle and that was that. Would people recommend starting all over again of carrying from there? I've got no idea what the controls were!

Any recommendations for character skills to improve from the beginning? I've got no clue.

I've also got no idea about spells and how and when to use them.

Last edited:

Back