The Who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw them in 2009 in their first (and so far only) visit to Perth. Whilst it was only Daltrey and Townsend they were still pretty damn good.

* Entwistle

I saw the brilliant original Who 6 times and the post Moon Who many times - they eventually got a drummer who played like Keith (Zak). But when the Ox died they should have stopped. Just cashing in now.

Saw them in 2000 / 2001 at ntle arena. I was absolutely hammered and cant remember a thing. Think Entwistle died a year or so later. Btw, he didnt half sign off in style.

Think he did eventually aye. He was f***ing paying for CP for "research purposes" - can't believe that bullshit excuse worked tbh.

The old bill took away all his PCs, laptops, phones etc for forensic investigation. THAT was the only time anything remotely dodgy had been accessed on any of em. No previous searches for owt like that at all. Within seconds of him entering his details he left the site nivver to return. Without viewing any pics.That was what his statement said and the FBI confirmed, it was also backed up by the forensic examination.

Townsend had been discussing the subject with Jerry Hall and a few other unicef charity workers at a do to rally support for putting pressure on legit firms who profit from this shite. He claimed he didn't believe that Visa, American Express and MasterCard allowed their products to take payment for access to this stuff and because The Who have credit card firms as tour sponsors/partners thought it reflected badly on them and him. He fucked that last bit right up and admits it
He did summit slightly wrong while trying to do summit massively right.

Adam Johnson was prosecuted because the computer/phone trail evidence pointed at him being guilty whereas Pete Townsend wasn't because the computer/phone trail pointed at him being innocent. It's that simple.

The problem with this stuff is the sensationalism in which its reported and the publics refusal to accept owt at face value. There's always a rabbit away with some people yet sometimes there simply isn't.
I'm not a massive Who fan either. I just don't like to see fundamentally good people being dragged through the shit more than they need to be.

Last edited:
The old bill took away all his PCs, laptops, phones etc for forensic investigation. THAT was the only time anything remotely dodgy had been accessed on any of em. No previous searches for owt like that at all. Within seconds of him entering his details he left the site nivver to return. Without viewing any pics.That was what his statement said and the FBI confirmed, it was also backed up by the forensic examination.

Townsend had been discussing the subject with Jerry Hall and a few other unicef charity workers at a do to rally support for putting pressure on legit firms who profit from this shite. He claimed he didn't believe that Visa, American Express and MasterCard allowed their products to take payment for access to this stuff and because The Who have credit card firms as tour sponsors/partners thought it reflected badly on them and him. He fucked that last bit right up and admits it
He did summit slightly wrong while trying to do summit massively right.

Adam Johnson was prosecuted because the computer/phone trail evidence pointed at him being guilty whereas Pete Townsend wasn't because the computer/phone trail pointed at him being innocent. It's that simple.

The problem with this stuff is the sensationalism in which its reported and the publics refusal to accept owt at face value. There's always a rabbit away with some people yet sometimes there simply isn't.
I'm not a massive Who fan either. I just don't like to see fundamentally good people being dragged through the shit more than they need to be.
IMO he made a mistake in accepting a caution. By doing that lots of people assume he must be guilty. He should have fought any charges in court and then everyone would have seen whether he was guilty or not.
I am a Who fan and I know he couldn't face the circus that going to court would bring, but he should have.

IMO he made a mistake in accepting a caution. By doing that lots of people assume he must be guilty. He should have fought any charges in court and then everyone would have seen whether he was guilty or not.
I am a Who fan and I know he couldn't face the circus that going to court would bring, but he should have.
Agreed.
It's what a caution is that's misleading.
The old bill tried to get me to accept one while hungover sitting in front of the Sgts desk years ago. I didn't actually know what it was tbh but had the nous to ask. I thought it was just a formal telling off for being drunk and lost in a unfamiliar area of London and being incapable of finding my way home. They seemed reluctant to explain properly but once I got the gist I refused. They then kicked me out onto the street in an unfamiliar area of London that I didn't know how to get home from......!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back