The Waterboys

Well I misread Bang the Drum as Bang On The Ear earlier so I anly really kna 2 meself. :p
Do you really only go to gigs where you know all the songs that are going to be played though? Surely if you like the ones you know there's a decent chance that some of the others will hit the spot too?

The Waterboys are one of a fairly short list of bands I've seen at the Sage who really overcame that kind of staid atmosphere and turned it into a proper gig.

PS There's a great 9 minute version of A Bang On The Ear on Spotify!

Do you really only go to gigs where you know all the songs that are going to be played though? Surely if you like the ones you know there's a decent chance that some of the others will hit the spot too?

The Waterboys are one of a fairly short list of bands I've seen at the Sage who really overcame that kind of staid atmosphere and turned it into a proper gig.

PS There's a great 9 minute version of A Bang On The Ear on Spotify!
Aye usually, when it's a case of convincing someone to go with me.

Always reminds me of Ku Club, Whole of the moon used to be played at the end of the night just before the lights would come on and everyone had to fuck off
Yup that was my Ku Club era too!
As a Dylan fan you must have got used to going to a gig knowing all the songs but not recognising any of them!
Haha superb. I love that story Ringo told about going to see Dylan. Went backstage to visit him at half time and Dylan says “let me know if you have any special request and I’ll play it” Ringo says he’d like to hear ‘Maggie’s Farm’ and Dylan looks at him all puzzled as they’d already played it!

Last edited:

Back