The Watch - Discworld Series

Er, "coloured"?

Any number of civilisations have mounted foreign expeditions to colonial territory. The Persians, Ottomans and Moors, for example. And who gives a fuck what the website says? It's a fan Wikia with official permission to use the logos
Try reading the books

She will stomp you both, then send a Golem from The Trust to educate you further

I really should have checked how to spell that. Sodding Lord of the Rings!
Marianne Jean Baptiste

Or Lolly Adefope - She was Kitty in Ghosts if you've seen that

Last edited:
I saw a stage version of Guards! Guards! years ago which was really good. Not sure if all the casting picks lived up to my imagination but Avon from Blake's Seven played Vimes and was absolutely perfect

Aye I saw that one through Newcastle, was funny as fuck and really well done. Not read any Pratchett books for eons, used to love them back in the day. Think I gave all of mine away.

So they've apparently done this as a loose "punk rock" version which does not follow the original Discworld at all. So fuck them
yep, seen a trailer and it is American dystopian future setting which appalled me immediately but I may go back to it
Yeah I’m not a fan of the Rincewind telly versions tbh.
I think there is an incredible sense of ownership of the discworld in our heads

Death has a very specific voice for me etc

Last edited:
yep, seen a trailer and it is American dystopian future setting which appalled me immediately but I may go back to it

I think there is an incredible sense of ownership of the discworld in our heads

Death has a very specific voice for me etc

I thought the animated ones were all right and the main problem with the live action ones is they were Sky and very limited. It needs someone who's going to give it the full fantasy world-building treatment with teeming cities that look like a cross between medieval London and Arabian Nights era Baghdad. And keep the humour and style intact. Tall order tbh

I thought the animated ones were all right and the main problem with the live action ones is they were Sky and very limited. It needs someone who's going to give it the full fantasy world-building treatment with teeming cities that look like a cross between medieval London and Arabian Nights era Baghdad. And keep the humour and style intact. Tall order tbh
I got upset with the way Dark Materials was done and that was brilliantly done, I'm just being picky because they are so well rendered in my head and on the page and film has limitations obvs

I got upset with the way Dark Materials was done and that was brilliantly done, I'm just being picky because they are so well rendered in my head and on the page and film has limitations obvs

There are no budget limitations or bad casting choices in your imagination. It's why I have mixed feelings whenever I hear something is being adapted, and almost hope certain things like Clive Barker's Weaveworld, Imajica and Books of The Art are never attempted

Well watched them all. I love STP and stuck with it. It's not THE WATCH it's a watch, and the characters have names created by STP and the plot is similar to the books but well it's not THE book. It's a Long Earth version of the book.

Back