the walking dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take the comics elsewhere man no one wants spoilers in here

What happens in the TV show doesn't follow what happens in the comics. I think everyone who follows the show knows who Negan killed in the comic. But that doesn't make it more or less likely that the same will happen in the TV show.

The comic is now just past issue 158 whereas the TV show is roughly where the comic was at issue 100. There are loads of characters who died in the comic by issue 100 but are alive in the TV and vice versa plus of course the TV's arguably biggest character, Daryl, doesn't even exist in the comic. I could tell you exactly what just happened in 158 (I won't) and I doubt it would make any difference to you. It would be different if I told you about issue 140 where the aliens come down and kidnap .... but I've said too much.

I do reckon most people who enjoy the TV series would enjoy the comics. Like I said I have never read comics but I started from issue 1 about April time and caught up to date in a matter of weeks.

What happens in the TV show doesn't follow what happens in the comics. I think everyone who follows the show knows who Negan killed in the comic. But that doesn't make it more or less likely that the same will happen in the TV show.

The comic is now just past issue 158 whereas the TV show is roughly where the comic was at issue 100. There are loads of characters who died in the comic by issue 100 but are alive in the TV and vice versa plus of course the TV's arguably biggest character, Daryl, doesn't even exist in the comic. I could tell you exactly what just happened in 158 (I won't) and I doubt it would make any difference to you. It would be different if I told you about issue 140 where the aliens come down and kidnap .... but I've said too much.

I do reckon most people who enjoy the TV series would enjoy the comics. Like I said I have never read comics but I started from issue 1 about April time and caught up to date in a matter of weeks.

The comics jumped the shark years ago.

The comics jumped the shark years ago.

Interesting point of view. There seem to be more comic readers who have given up with the TV series than vice versa IMO. I think there has only been one real shark jumping moment in the comics for me. Thankfully that has come and gone. I don't think there has been anything as silly as the TV's Glen dumpster idiocy.

Interesting point of view. There seem to be more comic readers who have given up with the TV series than vice versa IMO. I think there has only been one real shark jumping moment in the comics for me. Thankfully that has come and gone. I don't think there has been anything as silly as the TV's Glen dumpster idiocy.
The tv show does my head in, simply because there is a good show in there, dying to get out. Trouble is the writing on the whole is given to creating characters that react independently of any personality they have created for them.

I pretty much gave up on the comics just after the church.

It's just appeared again on my skybox on demand thingy. I'm gonna start watching it again cos there's nowt else on there I fancy watching.

The tv show does my head in, simply because there is a good show in there, dying to get out. Trouble is the writing on the whole is given to creating characters that react independently of any personality they have created for them.

I pretty much gave up on the comics just after the church.
I love it me, people seem to get far to over critical about it. I just take it on face value and try not get too serious about it. I think it's great dark night, shit weather comfort TV.

I love it me, people seem to get far to over critical about it. I just take it on face value and try not get too serious about it. I think it's great dark night, shit weather comfort TV.

Yeah it's perfectly 'fine'. But there's been a couple of purely superb episodes that show there's more to give. Rick for instance gets such a daft script yet he is by far the best actor in it. His grief scene a few seasons back was gut wrenching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back