The Walking Dead thread #3948574838483

Same as games of thrones. These days the shows are designed for people who binge watch it and not week to week.

Don't agree with this, game of thrones moves forward at a much faster pace and kills off and introduces new characters brilliantly. GOT is also building towards and ending that we can all see, TWD at the minute is aimlessly building towards a war similar to what we have seen in previous seasons. The only difference is this time it's moving even slower. This season has been absolute shite, I was bored shitless last night.

What would they need to do to get those who are losing their interest back into it? Or has it simply ran it's cause?
I think it's the way they move the story on. Concentrating on one set of characters with nowt much really happening apartfrom about 5 minutes at the end then forgetting those characters even exist for 3 episodes. Too many episodes in a series particularly when very little is happening in a lot of them

Don't agree with this, game of thrones moves forward at a much faster pace kills off and introduces new characters brilliantly. GOT is also building towards and ending that we can all see, TWD at the minute is aimlessly building towards a war similar to what we have seen in previous seasons. The only difference is this time it's moving even slower. This season has been absolute shite, I was bored shitless last night.
Aye, when GoT is on I look forward to the next weeks episode, with TWD I feel like I'm watching it because I've invested too much time to stop.

I think it's the way they move the story on. Concentrating on one set of characters with nowt much really happening apartfrom about 5 minutes at the end then forgetting those characters even exist for 3 episodes. Too many episodes in a series particularly when very little is happening in a lot of them

Aye, when GoT is on I look forward to the next weeks episode, with TWD I feel like I'm watching it because I've invested too much time to stop.

That's exactly how I feel. I've watched that many I feel like I have to keep watching in the hope they start to build towards some type of ending.

It is what it is for me. The only thing is it has lost the shock factor. I'm not sure if that's because it's been on so long now that you just become immune to it, or because you roughly know what will happen as it it's difficult to read anything without it referring to what happens in the comics.

This is it.

I've said this on threads for the last 2 or 3 years. We (the audience) are perfectly capable of following the story across multiple locations. If it doesn't work because of pacing the the writers have done a bad job.

It's like they took the time it worked (governors back story, and the split after the prison escape) and decided this way of doing it was the next big thing.

What would they need to do to get those who are losing their interest back into it? Or has it simply ran it's cause?

I would say the show is designed with Netflix in mind. Well, on demand anyway. I just don't think it works having to wait a week for that last episode.

Binging on a show is definitely the way forward. I reckon I'd enjoy it a lot more, that's why it's always crap when you've caught up with anything.

I would say the show is designed with Netflix in mind. Well, on demand anyway. I just don't think it works having to wait a week for that last episode.

Binging on a show is definitely the way forward. I reckon I'd enjoy it a lot more, that's why it's always crap when you've caught up with anything.
Maybe it's just the way we watch stuff now, binging on it. I watched both seasons of The Man in the High Castle in a few weeks and absolutely loved it. My mate is currently watching it, but only watching it now and again and thinks it's canny slow.

I'm a huge fan, and understand the need for slower paced episodes re: character development, and I love this series so far, BUT have to agree with the majority, that episode was shite, and took the story nowhere.

Same as games of thrones. These days the shows are designed for people who binge watch it and not week to week.
Not quite, Game of Thrones only has 10 episodes a season and shortening that for the next two seasons whereas the Walking Dead has 16, which causes about 5 episodes of the walking dead each season to be pointless padding.

been so bored watching the new season, barely anything has happened, it's been worse than season 4 and all those episodes focusing on the characters heading to terminus.
The CGI this season has been a joke, clearly the budget is knackered from having too many 'Main castmembers' in their 7th season contracts etc..

Getting worse this like, past 3 or 4 episodes could have been condensed into a single episode ffs.

No one can possibly be happy with the pace of this show surely?
The plot progression this episode was Sasha and Rosita walking to the Saviours base and that's it. :lol:

Negan and Simon are the only interesting characters yet, Simon especially needs to be in it far more.

Very wise, as bad as season 2-3 imo.
Exactly this, stretching out 15/20min story into 40 minutes is killing the show, season 2 and the farm, season 4 and the trips to terminus (even though i did enjoy daryls and carols episodes).
They had a cracker of an opener with Negan and lucille, ended on a good episode with him visiting alexandria But this season anything involving the main cast has been boring as hell, yet the Kingdom episode and the saviour episode focusing on Eugene have been my favourite episodes from the latest season.

The show has major problems and needs to set an end date so it can build to it. Lost did it (messed up the end), GOT is doing it (excellently so far).
Don't think i could take another 2 seasons of Rick and gang pick a fight, lose their guns,gang gets separted,gang gets back together go looking for guns, kill their enemy, and repeat ad nauseum.

Last edited:
Watched it last night and watching talking dead now (well flicking thru it anyway) and they've just been talking about Jesus coming out as gay, i didn't even pick up on that part cos I was so bored with the episode.

Deffo time for them to pick the pace up before my interest completely disappears.

Watched it last night and watching talking dead now (well flicking thru it anyway) and they've just been talking about Jesus coming out as gay, i didn't even pick up on that part cos I was so bored with the episode.

Deffo time for them to pick the pace up before my interest completely disappears.
Jesus came out? Bet his dad was cross.

People are speculating that Sasha will have the same fate as Holly did in the comics. Their arcs are identical apparently.
That was mentioned on this thread a couple weeks back iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This episode is probably my last

Went away for a few minutes, came back and was able to pick up straight where I left off

You will be missed marra.

Wasn't a great episode but I'm far from bored with it. Not sure how people think it should work? We have been introduced to The Kingdom, The Sanctuary, Oceanside? The Whisperers (well the weird garbage pail kid alternative to them anyway) and learnt a lot more about Hilltop. We have seen major character developments in Rick and Michonne, Maggie, Carol, Daryl, Sacha, Rosita and Eugene as well as introduced to Negan, Dwight (properly), Ezekiel, the rubbish lass and a couple of others who are obviously important enough to require further story telling.

We know it is leading to war because its in the comic books and is pretty obvious so surely we need to meet and understand all these new factions and what role they play before we can go all out yippee ky yay. Granted they could have done some better and the way it has been told is often a bit annoying and then of course there was that f***ing deer! But it still has some great bits of drama, I like a lot of the characters (yes I like Negan, although Simon is becoming more likeable) and when the action happens it is often pretty damn good.

So I'm still a fan, I look forward to it week in week out, I am annoyed by some parts but still amazed by others. This is a long f***ing thread though with over half of it with people moaning about how shit each episode has been. Fifes too short, do something else, watch something else. Yes you have invested time so come back to it in a year and catch up as we all know watching like that is much more fun.

Jesus came out? Bet his dad was cross.
Crucified him.

Back