The Walking Dead thread #3948574838483

They need to find some scientists and start looking at a way to move things along or finish up, at the moment it's like a stuck record.

This! aren’t they in Washington now? But you’re telling me they can’t bump into someone who can explain things more? Isn’t any military around? Not a single shred of government? The navy can’t show up in a fleet of boats or something? Things need proper livening up, not just bumping into good guys and bad guys who are a carbon copy of previous groups. It’s dull as dishwater. How about another Eugene but genuinely is on a mission and not bullshitting? How good would that be?

This! aren’t they in Washington now? But you’re telling me they can’t bump into someone who can explain things more? Isn’t any military around? Not a single shred of government? The navy can’t show up in a fleet of boats or something? Things need proper livening up, not just bumping into good guys and bad guys who are a carbon copy of previous groups. It’s dull as dishwater. How about another Eugene but genuinely is on a mission and not bullshitting? How good would that be?
They've effectively stick to the source material pretty well so far (I'm not bang up to date but have finished the war story which is where we are in the show).

The writer of the comics always said they didn't want to explain the outbreak so if they keep adapting them that's not going to happen.

My biggest issue with the show has been the same for years. They focus on one character (or group of characters) for the majority of each each episode for most of the season. That was fine when everyone crashed and burned out of the prison as a one off but it should never have become the norm. By the time a characters arc resumes it could have been three or four weeks and I'm more interested in the previous episode.

I'm perfectly f***ing capable of following two or three sets of characters per episode. I bet if someone edited the scenes from the last few seasons together into a Game of Thrones type structure it would be a much better end product.

Especially if after every Negan speech they inserted the Hound saying “dumb cnut”
Or they actually killed off some main characters and you couldn’t see it coming a mile off. Plot armour galore in this.
They've effectively stick to the source material pretty well so far (I'm not bang up to date but have finished the war story which is where we are in the show).

The writer of the comics always said they didn't want to explain the outbreak so if they keep adapting them that's not going to happen.

My biggest issue with the show has been the same for years. They focus on one character (or group of characters) for the majority of each each episode for most of the season. That was fine when everyone crashed and burned out of the prison as a one off but it should never have become the norm. By the time a characters arc resumes it could have been three or four weeks and I'm more interested in the previous episode.

I'm perfectly f***ing capable of following two or three sets of characters per episode. I bet if someone edited the scenes from the last few seasons together into a Game of Thrones type structure it would be a much better end product.
I’ve not read the comics but the group needs more goals than just fighting off the latest arseholes on the block. They win this war against the saviours, then what? Give the group and allied groups something to achieve!

Agreed about following characters for a whole episode. It makes seasons feel like walking through quicksand when the whole season so far could’ve been done in one episode so far imo. Slow motion close ups and speech after speech. It is dragging on, is neegan paid by the minute of screen time? Blokes all over the promo material. Been in one episode for a few minutes and how far are we in this season? Is he still in that room with the black priest who was in the wire? ( now that was a proper show that evolved characters showed them progress through storylines simultaneously and had different goals for groups and individuals) I’m not expecting a show about the zombie apocalypse to be on that level. But it feels like an old platform video game like golden axe or streets of rage, endless fighting carbon copy baddies to finish the season/level. Then repeat. I’ll keep tuning in and hope for the best, but I’m barely paying attention to it now and just have it on in the background.

I've chucked it now.

The gunfights are ridiculous. In fact they are so bad they have comedic value.

On a plus note - that fkn tiger got eaten !!!
I tried, but I've watched it so long I found it difficult to let go. After deciding to watch it just for laughs its improved a lot.

And yet you smile.
Well done, you must be the only person who's stretched that line further than Ezekiel himself :lol:

I tried, but I've watched it so long I found it difficult to let go. After deciding to watch it just for laughs its improved a lot.

Well done, you must be the only person who's stretched that line further than Ezekiel himself :lol:

I was all for binning it off but my Mrs wanted to keep watching it, but she’s sick of it too now so we just rip the piss out of it - it’s loads better!

Still enjoying it but it's nowhere near as good as the earlier seasons. There are too many characters in it who I don't care about, the story jumps all over the place and I wish they would fuck off with all the flash backs / flash forwards

I don't mind it being far fetched (the group not moving on Carol / Rick and Daryl not being torn to pieces by the 50 cal on the truck) as it's a telly show about zombies but they story needs better structure. I think they have an opportunity to get rid of quite a few characters during the all out war and then some more in the next story arc if it mirrors the comics so here's hoping

They killed off some good characters in season 7 and the ones they've brought in since are shite. I agree with whoever said its all getting a bit too comic book-like, the f***ing trash people and Ezekiel talking like hes from the 1600's!

It needs something other than fighting baddies to develop it massively, weeks go by without the feeling that anything is really happening.

Wish Gimple would go and ruin a different show the smug prick.

This. The show had tons over viewers DESPITE him, not because of him.

The good news is that he is leaving The Walking Dead

The bad news is he's off to take over Fear The Walking Dead

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

IN good news Garret Dillahunt has joined the cast of Fear.
Really really good watchable actor. Some may remember him from Deadwood (where he played 2 characters), Sarah Connor Chronicles, or Looper.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

IN good news Garret Dillahunt has joined the cast of Fear.
Really really good watchable actor. Some may remember him from Deadwood (where he played 2 characters), Sarah Connor Chronicles, or Looper.

He was class in Justified. Would love TWD to find a character for Walton Goggins out of that as well, he's a f***ing class actor and his characters are usually top drawer

Back