The Walking Dead thread #3948574838483

Gerrin, love TWD

Kirkman had said he's now got the idea on finishing the comics and bringing the story to an end

“I think about two or three years ago, I had a pretty good idea for a definitive ending,” he said. “I have known that since then and been working towards that, so I know exactly where I’m going and what’s going to happen when I get there.”

It was all a dream

Looks good, we like the action and this season promises lots of that.

As for an ending? Well TwD is fulfilling all the criteria of the classic Hero's Journey and it is quite often we see the death of the hero at the end once he has completed his journey. The apes films as an example, Star Wars it was more of an exile but in modern day films and TV they usually die (Breaking Bad) The end of this trailer was obviously a dream and won't actually happen.

Not going to bother with new season when it starts off again. The last season ground me down to losing interest in it again.

Looks good, we like the action and this season promises lots of that.

As for an ending? Well TwD is fulfilling all the criteria of the classic Hero's Journey and it is quite often we see the death of the hero at the end once he has completed his journey. The apes films as an example, Star Wars it was more of an exile but in modern day films and TV they usually die (Breaking Bad) The end of this trailer was obviously a dream and won't actually happen.
Not saying Rick won't die at the end, but as this is unlikely to be the last season it's not happening this year.

End of the trailer could be a dream, it could be a flash forward set after the war. The show probably needs a gap due to the actors aging faster than the timeline, seems odd to put a hint of that into a trailer though.

I haven't watched it but let me guess the plot for the new episode and future series.

They kill the current group of baddies they are surrounded by. Move on to a new area of USA, meet a new group of baddies with an eccentric boss baddy and they kill them. Repeat x 7 seasons?

I haven't watched it but let me guess the plot for the new episode and future series.

They kill the current group of baddies they are surrounded by. Move on to a new area of USA, meet a new group of baddies with an eccentric boss baddy and they kill them. Repeat x 7 seasons?

Nailed it.

*End of season battle*
'Hey, this looks like a nice place to settle down and these people seem really friendly'
'Wait, did they just do that?'
'Rick, these people aren't who they say they are'
*End of season battle*

I wish they'd do like sky Atlantic do and air it in the UK at the same time. Or at least put it on catch up. I'm away for a couple of nights and will probably take the laptop to watch it in the hotel (The wife's idea)

Nailed it.

*End of season battle*
'Hey, this looks like a nice place to settle down and these people seem really friendly'
'Wait, did they just do that?'
'Rick, these people aren't who they say they are'
*End of season battle*

I used to love the show and get excited when a series started but after the 3rd season it literally does the same plot over and over and over and so does FTWD.

Just get to an end point and let GOT take over.

Back