The vote was 18-4-1

pfceggchaser

Full Back
18 votes to curtail in the afternoon vote, 4 to play on, and 1 abstention. Apparently Southend were the abstaining club due to internet issues.

Pompey and Posh have categorically been on record to say they voted to play on.

Sunderland, Ipswich and Tranmere have expressed disappointment with the vote but haven’t said how they voted in the afternoon. So one of them also voted to curtail.

I think the precedent this sets is frightening.

I honestly think we voted to end the season.
Rodwell expresses disapointment

The words that Rodwell says there where he feels sorry for Peterborough and would feel worse if we were where they are hints at that. We had them to play at home and had a good home record so we could and should have beaten them and gone above them. Something stinks.

To be fair, reading your CEO’s statement in the echo there, I think you did vote to play on. You wouldn’t call it a huge mistake otherwise, and it’s very similar sentiments to our own CEO.

Looks like I got two answers to my question lol. I think the EFL will look to get a bailout in order for the season to go ahead. If they can’t get it then they might have to suspend for a year just to avoid a load of clubs going bust.

If there wasn’t anything in the guidebook about to how finalise a season if it can’t be finished then by definition they have to make something up, but it was all done in consultation with and with the majority agreement of the clubs, which is how decisions are supposed to be taken.

Last edited:
18 votes to curtail in the afternoon vote, 4 to play on, and 1 abstention. Apparently Southend were the abstaining club due to internet issues.

Pompey and Posh have categorically been on record to say they voted to play on.

Sunderland, Ipswich and Tranmere have expressed disappointment with the vote but haven’t said how they voted in the afternoon. So one of them also voted to curtail.

I think the precedent this sets is frightening.

According to The Athetic it was Bristol Rovers, had issues on the conference call.... either way its a shit show, and i laugh because threes a possibility that our moron exec did vote to curtail....hoping that the results dont come out, seems such a sunderland thing to do

According to The Athetic it was Bristol Rovers, had issues on the conference call.... either way its a shit show, and i laugh because threes a possibility that our moron exec did vote to curtail....hoping that the results dont come out, seems such a sunderland thing to do
Do you have the link to the Athletic? I’m a subscriber but can’t find the article.

Of course we voted to play on, it was our only life line in this shit year...

The bigger issue now (probably the biggest in the clubs history) is to to get into the championship before it pulls away from the EFL...

Back