The Voice of Reason RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know that Ted Hodgkiss who posted and moderated as TVOR passed away last night. Ted hadn’t told anyone how ill although he hadn’t been well for a while. This has come as I shock to many of us who have known him through following the lads and his love of cricket. When I know of any arrangements I will let you know although Covid restrictions will hamper giving him the send off he deserves

Not another one. RIP Ted.

It’s taken me until now to come on here and read this thread. Broke me on Monday this news, reading this tonight has broke me again. The cricket club won’t be the same without Mr.Ted and the world will be a duller place without you mate. I’ll miss seeing TVoR popping up on here but not as much as I’ll miss having a bit of MLF and cricket craic with you and seeing you do copious laps of many a village ground in the summer with your beautiful dergs.

Sleep well my friend, we’ll make sure your memory is kept alive and celebrate your life and toast what a great man you were as soon as the current world allows us down the club! RIP
Same here mate. I found out from the thread early on and felt like I’d been smacked in the gut.

was always good for a bit footy craic - mainly we both agreed how shit Sunderland were!
He’ll be a big miss at the cricket.

Was sad to hear of TVOR's passing, I've never met the bloke in the real world to the best of my knowledge however I encountered him on here many times, both as a MOD and long before that as a regular poster. He always came across to me as a genuine character with a good sense of humour who was capable of showing great humility. I've no doubt he'll be sorely missed by all that knew him, I know for a fact he'll be missed on here. RIP

Just to let you know that Ted Hodgkiss who posted and moderated as TVOR passed away last night. Ted hadn’t told anyone how ill although he hadn’t been well for a while. This has come as I shock to many of us who have known him through following the lads and his love of cricket. When I know of any arrangements I will let you know although Covid restrictions will hamper giving him the send off he deserves
Hi, this is my first post I only joined RTG yesterday I have been reading all posts on Ted Hodgkiss he was a dear pal to me and countless others, I new Ted from school days at East Rainton,going to the match for 30 years plus. I was gutted when I received a call from Tom his son last Monday morning with this sad news.He touched everyone he met in person and also through his words.RIP pal

I really can't believe this, top guy, top cricket fan

Messaged me numerous times when I wasn't in a great place, and it was was really appreciated, this is so sad.

RIP marra.

Very sad news and something of a shock. Although like many on here I didn't know him his work and contribution to the board will always be genuinely appreciated the fact that he continued with it despite being very ill as we now discover says a lot about the man.

We lost @foggy a few days ago who bravely faced his illness and who was very generous in sharing with us some of his final thoughts and experiences. Ted chose to keep things to himself and get on with the job. None of us know how we will face things when our time comes but if we are blessed with just one tenth of the dignity that these two gents in their different ways have shown -we won't do too badly.

RIP Ted and @foggy .
I didn’t know Foggy had passed as well. Another punch in the guts

Ted and I were good friends all the way through school and throughout our teenage years, we both went to Roker park during the 70s and 80s always in the Fulwell end the last time i spoke to Ted would be about 5 years ago, Ted was a lad with a great sense of humour and good character and i was privileged to have known him . R.I.P. Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back