The Voice of Reason RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just to let you know that Ted Hodgkiss who posted and moderated as TVOR passed away last night. Ted hadn’t told anyone how ill although he hadn’t been well for a while. This has come as I shock to many of us who have known him through following the lads and his love of cricket. When I know of any arrangements I will let you know although Covid restrictions will hamper giving him the send off he deserves
Aw no man. I never knew the fella in real life but he was a good mate on here. A really decent bloke. RIP mate, you'll be missed.

I would just like to add something I have noticed on Facebook that I think is a testament to Ted and the man he was. I have seen loads of tags on his facebook wall from ex pupils, all of them saying he was the best teacher ever, comment after comment of utter superlatives and not one single negative comment! To command that much respect from young'uns as a teacher is remarkable.

Ted was a top bloke. First met him in and around the local pubs to watch the games on a dodgy stream and then the gentlemans club, which I think he had arranged. Bit more private with only a few of us to see the games. Then he arranged my lift to and from Wemberlee. Fanstastic sense of humour and always happy to help. Still gobsmacked he has passed away as the last time I saw him he looked as fit as a fiddle. he will be a massive miss, especially to Tom who has now lost his wing man ! RIP mucka !

It’s taken me until now to come on here and read this thread. Broke me on Monday this news, reading this tonight has broke me again. The cricket club won’t be the same without Mr.Ted and the world will be a duller place without you mate. I’ll miss seeing TVoR popping up on here but not as much as I’ll miss having a bit of MLF and cricket craic with you and seeing you do copious laps of many a village ground in the summer with your beautiful dergs.

Sleep well my friend, we’ll make sure your memory is kept alive and celebrate your life and toast what a great man you were as soon as the current world allows us down the club! RIP

Mods can't undo bans from other mods the little tinker 😉
The bassa
Ted was a top bloke. First met him in and around the local pubs to watch the games on a dodgy stream and then the gentlemans club, which I think he had arranged. Bit more private with only a few of us to see the games. Then he arranged my lift to and from Wemberlee. Fanstastic sense of humour and always happy to help. Still gobsmacked he has passed away as the last time I saw him he looked as fit as a fiddle. he will be a massive miss, especially to Tom who has now lost his wing man ! RIP mucka !
Tom held him in such high regard, I'm gutted for him.

Last edited:
RIP Ted, another username that was part of the furniture of this place for those of us who didn’t know him. For the many that did he clearly sounded like a top bloke.
Yep. I was surprised to learn he'd only joined up a few months before me. I always took him for one of the elder statesmen on here - and one whose 'voice' was respected. Will miss seeing his lovely dogs popping up in his avatar - I bet they're heartbroken the poor things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back