The vaccine thread

Yeah it looks like I will, just a bit worried as it would be a different type of vaccine (either 1 dose of Pfizer or 1/2 dose of moderna). I've had 2 doses of AZ.

I wouldn’t get too concerned - we used a lot of AZ and then changed the goalposts so a load got Pfizer/ Moderna second time around and were fine

They have studied mixing two vaccines and there is a good immune response

Its all a bit theoretical but if you use different jabs you may get a broader mix of antibodies which may be better for immunity. I had two Pfizer and if we do boosters here would like to get AZ if I can

Ah so its not flu jab people. Im a flu jab person and I wasnt in group 1-9.
You were, you were in group 6, I was in group 6 as I have asthma, and have the flu jab every year. Got my first covid vaccine in Feb.

Risk group
1Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
2All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3All those 75 years of age and over
4All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
5All those 65 years of age and over
6Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group (see clinical conditions below) [footnote 1]
7All those 60 years of age and over
8All those 55 years of age and over
9All those 50 years of age and over
10Rest of the

I'm over 50 and asthmatic, just had my flu jab yesterday.
I had Pfizer for my first two doses, looks like I will be getting it again.
I had minimal side effects 👍🏻

I'm over 50 and asthmatic, just had my flu jab yesterday.
I had Pfizer for my first two doses, looks like I will be getting it again.
I had minimal side effects 👍🏻
You're lucky then, had my flu jab booked for this Saturday, but it's been cancelled due to delays with the deliveries.

You're lucky then, had my flu jab booked for this Saturday, but it's been cancelled due to delays with the deliveries.
I got a message when I was away working, I tried a few times to get an appointment at the docs but it was talking weeks away.
My local chemist does flu jabs, if you're eligible they are free.
I just walked in yesterday morning, gave them my details and got it there and then, the pharmacist did the jab.
I think it should be advertised more, it would take the pressure off the docs.
I live in Silksworth, I would imagine that it's the same everywhere.

I got a message when I was away working, I tried a few times to get an appointment at the docs but it was talking weeks away.
I just walked in yesterday morning, gave them my details and got it there and then, the pharmacist did the jab.
Had mine on Saturday in York, spot on.

You were, you were in group 6, I was in group 6 as I have asthma, and have the flu jab every year. Got my first covid vaccine in Feb.

Risk group
1Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
2All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
4All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
6Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group (see clinical conditions below) [footnote 1]
10Rest of the
It had to be, or was supposed to be for severe asthma, I wasn't eligible.
Was if you'd ever been hospitalised with it.

It had to be, or was supposed to be for severe asthma, I wasn't eligible.
Was if you'd ever been hospitalised with it.
I know a few on here were saying that at the time. Mines not severe, never been hospitalised, but I am on steroid inhaler, so maybe that was why I was in that group.
I might try that, cheers.

Last edited:

Risk group
10Rest of the
Nope. I have mild asthma and im on the flu list. First jab end of April

Nope. I have mild asthma and im on the flu list. First jab end of April

All i said was, people that were in the original phase one for first vaccines, groups 1-9, are eligible for a booster. If you qualify for a free NHS flu jab, you would have been in group 6, adults 16-65 with underlying health conditions, so therefore you will qualify for a 3rd booster.​

Vaccines​

The high level of vaccine protection has allowed the country to live with COVID-19 without stringent restrictions on society, the economy, and people’s day-to-day lives. Going further on vaccination will help ensure this remains the case. The Government has secured sufficient supplies to support further vaccination across the whole UK. It will provide the Devolved Administrations with vaccine supplies to deploy to the people of Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The Government has three priorities for the COVID-19 vaccination programme in England for the autumn and winter:

• a. Maximising uptake of the vaccine among those that are eligible but have not yet taken up the offer.
  • b. Offering booster doses to individuals who received vaccination in Phase 1 of the COVID-19 vaccination programme (priority groups 1-9).
  • c. Offering a first dose of vaccine to 12-15 year olds.

All i said was, people that were in the original phase one for first vaccines, groups 1-9, are eligible for a booster. If you qualify for a free NHS flu jab, you would have been in group 6, adults 16-65 with underlying health conditions, so therefore you will qualify for a 3rd booster.​

Vaccines​

The high level of vaccine protection has allowed the country to live with COVID-19 without stringent restrictions on society, the economy, and people’s day-to-day lives. Going further on vaccination will help ensure this remains the case. The Government has secured sufficient supplies to support further vaccination across the whole UK. It will provide the Devolved Administrations with vaccine supplies to deploy to the people of Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The Government has three priorities for the COVID-19 vaccination programme in England for the autumn and winter:

• a. Maximising uptake of the vaccine among those that are eligible but have not yet taken up the offer.
  • b. Offering booster doses to individuals who received vaccination in Phase 1 of the COVID-19 vaccination programme (priority groups 1-9).
  • c. Offering a first dose of vaccine to 12-15 year olds.

:lol: and as I said. Im eligible for a free flu jab with an underlying health condition but I wasnt in groups 1-9 so I wont be eligible for a booster.

If you receive a free flu vaccine for health reasons, you probably should be in group six.

The asthma definition listed in the official vaccination rules is

“Individuals with a severe lung condition, including those with asthma that requires continuous or repeated use of systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission”

Page 13 - https://assets.publishing.service.g...ile/1015203/Greenbook_chapter_14a_3Sept21.pdf

Last edited:
Due my second vaccine tomorrow and worried about it already, getting a different vaccine.
What is worrying you?

If you were unlucky to enough to have experienced adverse event this would most likely have occurred after the first dose. As it stands you have to receive the same vaccine for 1st and 2nd dose so you are unlikely to be offered a different one.

What is worrying you?

If you were unlucky to enough to have experienced adverse event this would most likely have occurred after the first dose. As it stands you have to receive the same vaccine for 1st and 2nd dose so you are unlikely to be offered a different one.
I had the first one az then it went wrong I shouldn’t have had it had a reaction it’s taken months and months to come to a conclusion but the doctors have said I can have a different one and will be given it.

You can get different doses if approved via a doctor I had to speak to the rvi

Back