The Union Jack

Bloke nearly thrown out of boxing last night for wearing a union jack waste coat
Tommy is all over it now

Barmy from the bouncers ,just gives the idiots fuel to kick off

This should be good. No doubt a total non story that Tommy, the people’s champion (so long as they aren’t muslamics), will be all over with his usual racism.

Will I look like a scratter tee if I take my England flag on holiday ( bearing in mind it’s the World Cup ) was thinking of walking around Puerto de la quesa with it around my shoulders on match day, then hanging it up in bar.

I would say 8/10 on the scrat scale.

Nothing worse than the way some adults go on about precious flags at football matches.

Last edited:
Amazing how many people still fly it upside down ,
It's amazing how many people don't know that it's asymmetrical and that the ratios of colours on the diagonals are 1 unit white, two units red and three units white, six units in total. The verticals and horizontals are 6 units red bordered by two units of white on each, so 2, 6, 2. Ten in total. Once you've got those you can draw the flag correctly so that the Cross of St Patrick's elements are drawn as quadrilaterals and not quintrilaterals. A common mistake that BA made on their fleet's tailplanes. Commercially the flag is in 2:1 format and in 5:3 format for the military. Just as well no-one draws the flag anymore because it's mostly wrong whenever you see it.

This should be good. No doubt a total non story that Tommy, the people’s champion (so long as they aren’t muslamics), will be all over with his usual racism.

Best of luck to him too.

It’s past time the lefty loons concentrated their outrage on the real threat, those who are trying to blow them and their own families to kingdom come, as well as commiting horrendous atrocities against their own people, instead of giving them a pathetic excuse to carry on their abhorrent campaign of bloodshed and mayhem as before.

It's amazing how many people don't know that it's asymmetrical and that the ratios of colours on the diagonals are 1 unit white, two units red and three units white, six units in total. The verticals and horizontals are 6 units red bordered by two units of white on each, so 2, 6, 2. Ten in total. Once you've got those you can draw the flag correctly so that the Cross of St Patrick's elements are drawn as quadrilaterals and not quintrilaterals. A common mistake that BA made on their fleet's tailplanes. Commercially the flag is in 2:1 format and in 5:3 format for the military. Just as well no-one draws the flag anymore because it's mostly wrong whenever you see it.
I bet your fun at partys

Cheers for that bit of useless information

What’s funny ?
Here is some more boring information. The Jack bit refers to the Jackstaff it is often attached to.

Love it me.

But one thing that pisses me off ... if other countries’ flags were displayed in the ‘wrong’ colours there would be ructions. Eg get Ireland’s shades slightly off and you’ve got Italy. But people seem to think any old colour blue will be fine for ours and it’s often depicted in navy. It’s supposed to be ‘azure’ which is the same colour as Iceland’s. In fact I really like Iceland’s flag but you never see theirs in navy do you? (maybe but I don’t!)

So stop showing our flag in navy it’s meant to be royal blue.:evil:

Perhaps along with America it’s the most recognised flag in the world. None other like it, a work of art, compiled / evolved over time and sticks two fingers up at the taffs cos Wales was only ever a principality not a proper kingdom!
It was a Principality in regard to its relationship with Norman England and the next kings. The reality is that Wales is a country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back