The UK net zero carbon emissions thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Tax cuts to Elton John, who can then pay to offset Britain's carbon footprint. Sorted.
Not sorted.

The carbon emissions are still happening. we are just paying someone to plant trees, in the hope we plant enough. And when you consider that the amount of available space on the planet for doing this is finite, and the global population is increasing, it isn''t a solution.

The only solution is in the human race radically reducing their emissions through changes in lifestyle, diet and economic activity. Or their numbers.

The big red bus money is different to benefits etc.
The net money we give the EU would pay HS2 off in 8 to 9 years.... that's a canny scratch. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 👍
9 years of EU benefits for a poxy stretch of rail that stops at leeds and even thats not going to be finished till about 2035 and probably later,give over man,the country cannot afford HS2 we are not germany,china,sinpapore,australia,switzerland, we are poor litte Britain 😆 🦃 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 you thicko brexiteers need to wake up

Not sorted.

The carbon emissions are still happening. we are just paying someone to plant trees, in the hope we plant enough. And when you consider that the amount of available space on the planet for doing this is finite, and the global population is increasing, it isn''t a solution.

The only solution is in the human race radically reducing their emissions through changes in lifestyle, diet and economic activity. Or their numbers.
The only solution is to reduce the human race or we find another planet.

Yes, catchy title, but this issue is thought by many to be the biggest facing us - as a country, as a planet.

The UK has committed to have net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Many say that this is too late, and question whether the government is on course to achieve it. To do so will take substantial changes to the way we live, eat, travel and shop.

Is anyone yet making any changes in their lifestyles because of climate change? How widely is the problem understood and grasped by the UK population?

Interesting article here:
Big lifestyle changes 'needed to cut emissions'

We need less cows and more trees.

Or nuke China when they are not expecting it.

We won't find another planet.

The wealthy are already making their own arrangements: building bunkers, buying chunks of land or islands to hunker down on, buying firearms and hardware, getting laser eye surgery (there may be no opticians...), learning bushcraft, horticulture, martial arts weapons skills and basic surgery.

Some from Silicon Valley are working on AI products by day, and are prepping like crazy out of fear of the social unrest that the mass unemployment that their products create will cause.

No chance of these chancers funding anything so altruistic as space research to find a new planet. They are putting their money on massive population reduction, with them crawling out from under their rocks like roaches when it is safe to do so.
We need less cows and more trees.

Or nuke China when they are not expecting it.
Nuking China won't help. The ash and dust will block out the sun for several months to a few years.

Plant and animal life will die, and the few people that might survive will be trudging off to that vault in Norway where they keep the seeds to get something they can grow.

Last edited:
It's ok famine and drought will do that and restore the Earth's natural carrying capacity ;)
Yes, catchy title, but this issue is thought by many to be the biggest facing us - as a country, as a planet.

The UK has committed to have net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Many say that this is too late, and question whether the government is on course to achieve it. To do so will take substantial changes to the way we live, eat, travel and shop.

Is anyone yet making any changes in their lifestyles because of climate change? How widely is the problem understood and grasped by the UK population?

Interesting article here:
Big lifestyle changes 'needed to cut emissions'
  • I've tried/trying to do my bit the best I can. I grow my own food and make my own drink.
  • I compost waste including shredding paper and cardboard
  • I have solar panels
  • I'm trying to eat less meat
I also know that what I do won't make a significant difference to global warming and tbh we're not really sure whether any reduction would cause a reversal.

I look at the people demonstrating and can see how they are enjoying the fruits of modern society and wonder if they appreciate that they are part of the problem.

Last edited:
We won't find another planet.

The wealthy are already making their own arrangements: building bunkers, buying chunks of land or islands to hunker down on, buying firearms and hardware, getting laser eye surgery (there may be no opticians...), learning bushcraft, horticulture, martial arts weapons skills and basic surgery.

Some from Silicon Valley are working on AI products by day, and are prepping like crazy out of fear of the social unrest that the mass unemployment that their products create will cause.

No chance of these chancers funding anything so altruistic as space research to find a new planet. They are putting their money on massive population reduction, with them crawling out from under their rocks like roaches when it is safe to do so.

Nuking China won't help. The ash and dust will block out the sun for several months to a few years.

Plant and animal life will die, and the few people that might survive will be trudging off to that vault in Norway where they keep the seeds to get something they can grow.

Fuck, I didn't think that one through. How about just bombing the crap out of them?

First two are common sense to me and should be standard, so if loads aren't actually doing that then no chance they'll be stopping other stuff. Kids is a personal choice , we actually could do with more babies being born over here, it's the massive African growth that is the problem.

Bugger that. More people in this country = more strain on the infrastructure, more demand for resources, more building, less green spaces etc.

Overpopulation is killing the planet, but it’s almost a taboo subject, it seems.
We certainly could be doing without SUV type vehicles, I quite often see wimin doing the school,run in them , WTF is that all about!?! Aside from that they can cause carnage if out of control, like this fella in Berlin that had 'medical emergency' at the weekend:-

Could we? Speak for yourself.
I drive a Freelander. Its footprint is smaller than many cars, ffs. Why shouldn’t I drive it? It’s high off the ground and one of the few vehicles my disabled wife can get into without too much trouble, and the dogs have plenty of space in the back. It’s reasonable on fuel and I do less than 5K miles per year. Visibility of the road and hazards is superb.
If I didn’t have this, it’d be a mini van. Bigger footprint, poorer visibility, probably worse on fuel...

I thought generalisations about 4x4s/SUVs were a lazy, Blair era fad...

Last edited:
Bugger that. More people in this country = more strain on the infrastructure, more demand for resources, more building, less green spaces etc.

Overpopulation is killing the planet, but it’s almost a taboo subject, it seems.

Could we? Speak for yourself.
I drive a Freelander. Its footprint is smaller than many cars, ffs. Why shouldn’t I drive it? It’s high off the ground and one of the few vehicles my disabled wife can get into without too much trouble, and the dogs have plenty of space in the back. It’s reasonable on fuel and I do less than 5K miles per year. Visibility of the road and hazards is superb.
If I didn’t have this, it’d be a mini van. Bigger footprint, poorer visibility, probably worse on fuel...

I thought generalisations about 4x4s/SUVs were a lazy, Blair era fad...
I dr
Not sorted.

Logan's run style cull?

Can't wait. Come and talk to me about sustainable transport and pedestrianising streets at the car free summit on the Thursday. ;)

My street is being closed off as well. Same day as open house London too. What a weekend.

Hopefully these stunts don’t affect any disabled people...

Last edited:
Can't wait. Come and talk to me about sustainable transport and pedestrianising streets at the car free summit on the Thursday. ;)

My street is being closed off as well. Same day as open house London too. What a weekend.

I will be on holiday in Greece mate. I will be car free too

Logan's run style cull?
More like economic crash, just in time supply lines fail, food shortages, collapse of law and order, utilities get switched off to weaken rioting masses, martial law declared, population starved out, after a month or two herd survivors into FEMA camps run by hard-faced armed uniformed paramilitaries with promise of food and medicine then thin the herd. Something like that.

Moral of the story: if after a period of government inposed cold and hunger you are asked to get on a bus by a squaddy promising food, your number is up.

Back