The TV news..............

I think it would make sense to lift the speed limit on motorways to 90mph and 50mph around town now that there's nobody about.
Potentially putting RTA victims into already overstretched NHS trauma wards and for what? The roads are emptier so journey times are already quicker than normal. Where are you trying to get to so quickly that with a bit of planning and leaving a few minutes earlier wouldn’t do?

Look no
I'm getting absolutely fed up with every single article in the news bulletins being CV-19 related. Just a rolling stream of bad news and people being miserable. The main evening news on BBC the other night even gave over about 10 minutes to showing us Brits what CV-19 looks like in other countries, as if we're not pissed off enough with it in our country!! When the national news ends then Look North piles in with excatly the same shit but on a local level.

I grant that there's not much going on because of the virus but it strikes me as lazy journalism. CV-19 bad news is easy news to gather.
Look north needs to change
Thank god carol isn't on trying to be upbeat and chipper
Stockton and cv19 a great lead story

Potentially putting RTA victims into already overstretched NHS trauma wards and for what? The roads are emptier so journey times are already quicker than normal. Where are you trying to get to so quickly that with a bit of planning and leaving a few minutes earlier wouldn’t do?

Just BB doing a DH impression.

7 year old girl got stabbed to death in a park near Bolton not two weeks ago. Even people from Manchester didn't even know when I mentioned it
It made our local news as a "8yo girl stabbed while out walking with her mother in a park. The attacker was detained under the Mental Health Act"'.

I thought "I know what that means, and so does everyone else". Apart from the BBC, that is. These days there is no news, just a constant loop of time-filling pap and fear-spreading for the gullible. Best left off.

I'm also getting fed up with what seems like the excessive morbid obsession with reporting the daily number of deaths. We don't do it for anything else.

Is this the way it's going to be from now on, forever? A constant ticker tape running below every future news broadcast with the number of daily deaths from cancer, heart failure, lung disease, flu etc? We know it's happening, we just don't need to be reminded of it constantly.

It's like they're competing to get the figures out first, competing to show how concerned and sad they are.

Once a week would be enough - and would probably provide a more accurate representation off what is actually happening.

It made our local news as a "8yo girl stabbed while out walking with her mother in a park. The attacker was detained under the Mental Health Act"'.

I thought "I know what that means, and so does everyone else". Apart from the BBC, that is. These days there is no news, just a constant loop of time-filling pap and fear-spreading for the gullible. Best left off.
OK, I'll bite, what does it mean?

Back