The truth about exercise.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you tried massaging your own feet to help stretch them out? I use a hockey ball, you can quickly feel the problem areas and help work strains out. Just an idea, helps me.

Ill try it mate, cheers.
Been mainly sticking it in cold water

Why not just do something you enjoy. Then it isn't a hardship, it's fun.

5 a side, walking, golf, swimming, squash, shagging.

people who do 3 minutes a week exercise, do they sit in the armchair the rest of the week

great for when you are starting to wear out.

I think the 3 minutes was probably chosen as an extreme example to show that even an amount as small as that when done at very high intensity can have have measurable effects on health markers. The larger point is probably that we've always been taught that "more is better" when exercising and this new(ish) research shows that you can get the health benefits with a much shorter duration than was previously thought.

Taking it to a higher level for people who already have a good fitness base but find, as they get older, that they get problems with prolonged exercise is what i'm interested in. I like to run fast but i don't wan't to put the 10 milers in any more.....i get achy, tired and pick bugs up when i do too much.

Taking it to a higher level for people who already have a good fitness base but find, as they get older, that they get problems with prolonged exercise is what i'm interested in. I like to run fast but i don't wan't to put the 10 milers in any more.....i get achy, tired and pick bugs up when i do too much.

I just fit as much as I can into an hour at the gym because I get bored after that amount.

I do 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes do an hour long exercise class.

I'm doing a bit of rowing interval sprints which is a good laugh and if I do any running it's short and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back