The trials and tribulations of this cancer malarkey

Great read as always and absolutely fantastic positive news, what happened to soap up the chutney tunnel method for the ahem cack?

f***ing consultant surgeon :rolleyes:

Absolutely brilliant news @foggy 👍
At last, we have the good news, we've all been hoping for. - & long may the good news continue for you.

As usual, your update has been illuminating, insightful, and truly inspirational.

One of my best mates, Declan from Waterford, last week rang the "All Clear" bell, at the hospital, where he'd undergone 44 Radiotherapy treatments, to rid him of the cancer he was suffering from.
I cannot tell you how happy I am for him and his family, and I pray for the day, you too ring the "all clear" bell, to signal your success, in finally beating this horrible, debilitating, illness.

Keep battling with everything you've got, my friend, and keep posting your updates, filled with the usually brilliantly funny, wit, and a heavy dose of sarcasm, and more than a mere hint of gallows humour.

You're an absolute star @foggy.

Take care mate, and I wish for you, positivity, courage and the very best of British luck, for the days and weeks ahead.

Love Keswick and Ullswater, spent many a day taking trainee divers into the lake. It’s all mud nothing much to see underneath the water but beautiful on top.
Best of luck mate hopefully you can sick around for the billionaire decade.

I was going to offer to send some Aloe Vera Andrex up, but the puppy will likely nick off with it and it sounds like we’re straying perilously close to Kärcher territory anyways for the clean up operation.

Oh and what soup? I just made a cracking seeded loaf that would mop it up a treat.

Best of luck to you Foggy.
What you describe is what happened to my mother-in-law.
She was cramped, in pain and she was scanned. They gave her laxatives and stuff and it caused more issues than it solved because the blockage of crap was centred and each side, top and bottom was a mixture of happenings at one end....bum.... but build up at the other so more clogging.
The camera they put in at first was only a shallow one. Basically not deep into the intestine.
It had them baffled, until they realised what was happening.
Basically the body tried to break down the blockage but only manages to force some watery sludge past it which made them think she wasn't constipated, because she was pooing basic sludge but not a lot, yet they thought it was enough due to the small amounts she was eating.
They basically missed the blockage of crap until she was in some much cramping pain she begged them for a release.
They told her they could do a manual evacuation but it involved basically pushing in the hand and scooping out.
She got it done and it was literally as if the mudslides of the entire hills of the world went into overdrive.

The mother-in-law was a big woman but this gear packed in her, she said, was almost impossible for a human to hold it, in her opinion....but there it was.
The mudslides and the stenching sewers of the third world she described it as. She said she felt embarrassed later on but at the time she was just relieved to get rid.

She had peritoneal C as well. She was 75 and was told if she wasn't so old and had a weak heart she'd be eligible for an OP.

Good luck to you.

Weatherspoons breakfast and a couple of cups of coffee always shifts my shit.

I had the nasal camera a number of years ago and the consultant said I was the best patient he’d had, must be quite scary for quite a number of people but I just took it that he knew what he was doing.

It is pretty weird mind.

I had the camera down the throat last year when I had the rather large bleeding ulcer, hadn't ate for 3 days but still managed to fire green bile all over the lass and the main man doing the camera :oops:

Keep it going marra, f***ing great to read of you still having small victories after all this time getting kicked to bits by the bastard and the poison used to fight it.

Said it before but you're my hero marra, fuck all the fake ones on tv and the sports stars showing off.

Back